chlobo is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Looking for a comforter insert that has some weight but isn't warm....

My daughter runs hot but likes weight. Does anyone have a recommendation for a blanket? She's heading to college this year.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I think her best bet is natural materials like cotton and down/feather. A 100% down blanket would be the best choice Synthetics don’t breathe well and she’s likely to get hot. Also, I’d aim for a duvet over a fitted sheet so she can easily move blankets aside to cool down as needed. I’d also suggest that if they have bunks in her dorm room, she ask for the lower ones. If her bed is near the ceiling she is more likely to get hot. A fan will help too.

If you get her a down blanket make sure it’s a good one or it will leak feathers and dust. I’m a big fan of Company Store Down products.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 08-13-2022 at 10:45 AM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

How about just getting a weighted blanket?? DD1 has one and we put it in a duvet cover (to keep it clean) and she's very happy.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I use a Baloo weighted throw year round over my top sheet and Under my quilt.

https://balooliving.com/products/wei...SAAEgKKRfD_BwE

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

We have been very happy with the king size of this blanket from Bates Mill Store. Also this blanket is plenty long that I would think a twin size would fit a twin xl with no problem. The blanket is fine for warm nights here in our area but also was fine during the slightly colder winter and spring nights so far (we got it in February) and when it was colder we just added a light weight comforter (Vera Wang from Kohls…sadly they don’t make it in a twin xl size so I didn’t link it.)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)