Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Thanks again everyone! Okay =--- a really basic question..... do I book hotels now and assume I will get flights on the days I plan to travel? I don't think I can book flights now.... or maybe I can.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Percycat View Post
    Thanks again everyone! Okay =--- a really basic question..... do I book hotels now and assume I will get flights on the days I plan to travel? I don't think I can book flights now.... or maybe I can.
    I would book a hotel with free cancellation now so you have something, then switch if you find something better or need to change things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks for starting this thread! We were just talking about planning a trip for early June and I need to get to work on it.

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Stanton-Hyde --- Thanks for the trip report link and for introducing me to the Fodor's forums. It looks like you had a great trip. Thanks for the great information!

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Check Trip Advisor too- at least some Fodor’s forums are pretty slow/dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    One other thought re Cursed Child. I’ve seen it in London twice and it was great. ... I don’t know if the same has happened to the production in London. Might be worth looking into as it may be your best chance to see the original two show production if that matters to you.
    The West End production is still a 2-parter; only the Broadway production shifted from 2 parts to 1, and it had to do with early COVID restrictions among the Broadway theatre ownership groups as well as restrictions in NYC under deBlasio.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I just found this thread! Thanks eveyone. We are thinking about London summer 2023 too!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

Liziz is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

When we visited London we did two day trips out of the city, one to Windsor and one to Dover, and really enjoyed both.

Others beat me to it but definitely factor the heat into your trip. That's one of the hottest times to be traveling, and there are a LOT of places in Europe that where our American minds assume they'll have AC but don't (including things like restaurants, museums, and places to stay, etc.). I would definitely make sure your lodging has AC and also factor in an itinerary that has known AC breaks -- if you get hit with a heat wave while you're there it's hard to get through a full busy sightseeing day without it.

We stayed in an AirBnB while there so no specific recommendations for lodging. For a longer trip though, I definitely do recommend a lodging option that has at least a kitchenette -- it can save a lot of money and time to be able to do a simple breakfast or other meal at your place. There's plenty of options to schedule refundable places to stay, so I'd look into booking those as soon as you nail down where you want to be, and you can change or modify if needed later.
    Lizi

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2