Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    DD2, 12.5, is hard because she likes teen styles but is 4'10" and 90lbs. She can just fit into a 000 short at AE, but most teen/juniors are too big on her and children's sections are too juvenile. She used to love ON but the kids' section is too young for her tastes now.
    Yeah. I haven't looked at Old Navy's graphic tees in a while, but I'll take a peek at the boy's section in Target every now and again. I'm sure someone somewhere is saying "But my 6-year-old needs a 12-14!" Which is DS' t-shirt size, but it's weird they have so many tops with dinosaurs or pizzas, etc. in that size. I guess Art Class is supposed to be the move-up line for tweens, but I haven't cared for much there, either.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

I bought a ton of Gymboree when DD was little. She also had a lot of Hanna and boden. In her elementary years she wore a lot of kohls jumping beans, lands end, gap, target, and old navy. She’s 13 now and doesn’t seem to really grow but I’m going to need to figure the next step in clothes (recently it’s been mainly gap, old navy, and target). She isn’t that picky and certainly isn’t saying what she wants (she’ll more tell me no when I choose something but doesn’t say she wants a particular item or from a particular store). She wears a uniform to school so I don’t think we will have a lot of opinions until she starts high school in a year.

DS has worn hand me downs his entire life I bought him a lot of Gymboree as an infant but since then it’s just filling in random items he needs. That is probably drawing to a close after size 10 so I guess I’ll have to figure out dressing him too.
    momma to DD 12/08 & DS 3/13

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I really never bought clothes from those places before! They were either way too expensive or to get the deals the game was too tricky. We did a lot of Childrens Place for a long while when the boys were older kids/pre-teens because they had inexpensive basics I could buy in three sizes. I think our biggest shopping strategy change motivator was the pandemic rather than aging out of the kids. Now I get 90% of all of our family's clothes from Target and Costco (since we buy other stuff there) or Amazon which was really convenient during the pandemic and now has a warehouse in my city (so super quick delivery!). The remaining 10% is almost exclusively Old Navy because we have one in town that's very close by. None of my kids is into name brands. We do have a ton of Disney branded stuff because DH avails himself of the crazy killer sample sales. He got almost 60 t-shirts once for $40 (not all were winners, lol) but my kids wear A LOT of Marvel, Star Wars or Disney brands as a result. Which works with three teen/tween boys and a fanboy DH.

My teen daughter shops at Brandy Melville, Cotton On, and Target mostly--and some thrifting with friends. My son's clothes come from Vans and I am so impressed with the way their pants wear. He works at a restaurant and wears Vans khaki pants several times a week. After over a year they look like new! I buy my daughter's socks and underwear on Amazon and my son's socks from Vans and underwear from Amazon. I spend much less on clothes now than I did when they were little. I buy what I think my daughter needs and she buys her wants (or sometimes I pay 1/2 if I really like something she wants but doesn't need). When I see pictures of her as a toddler in sweet Nartjie outfits it always makes me smile.

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Ha! I just unsubscribed from HA emails today. I donated the last batch of HA pjs I bought - NWT. My guys are done with humoring me in how they dress. DS2 only wears HA unders but I have enough in the current size and he’s a peanut so shouldn’t outgrow them for a while. I buy athletic shirts and bottoms for both. DS1 is brand conscious so he gets UA and Adidas on sale. Also just added Vineyard Vines to the line up since I found a huge sale this summer. He also has a mixture of Dicks and Academy store brand shirts. DS2 doesn’t give a darn about brands so I buy him Kohls store brand shirts. They both wear mostly Target bottoms.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by jgenie; 08-18-2022 at 09:57 PM.

I'm trying to figure out where to buy clothes for my 12 YO girl. We did a ton of Gymboree back in the day, but that stopped about 4th grade.

For years now, my 18 and 15 YO boys have been clothed with club/school/activity t-shirts and Costco (athletic pants and shorts).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2