Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Anyone have these cars?

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    What about getting a 2022 Pilot? I was planning to wait for the 2023 pilot, but my lease was nearing its end, and odds are the new one won't be out in time.
    He doesn’t like the style of the current Pilot and he won’t buy the 2023 Pilot as it will be a whole new first year model and he says that first year models are prone to glitches, issues, and a lot of recalls.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    He doesn’t like the style of the current Pilot and he won’t buy the 2023 Pilot as it will be a whole new first year model and he says that first year models are prone to glitches, issues, and a lot of recalls.

Understandable! I don’t like the boxy look, so I never considered the pilot until the 3rd generation. lol

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    You seem to really love your pilot. Have you thought of paying yourselves the car payment until you really need a new car? Might give you enough time for the kinks to be worked out of the new model pilot before you buy.
    Yes I know I am bummed the new Pilot isn’t out yet because the spy shots make it look like the current Acura (Dh doesn’t see the need to buy an Acura when an EXL or Elite Pilot is a very comparable vehicle and about $10k less; plus it doesn’t require premium fuel). We are saving where we can. We are also due two escrow impound refund checks as well (one in the next few weeks….a reissue of last year’s check that we never received), and another in January which will help with down payments, and paying the loan down (the two checks are equal to about $11k…..our mortgage company requires us to pay about double what our actual taxes and hazard insurance are and therefore get a large refund every year). Dh is also concerned about interest rates rising again and right now we can get something for 60 months at under 3% (for new and used) and even with the down payment we are still looking at a somewhat large loan (about $30k-$35k). Plus if we have to wait I would rather start now because it could be six months. We are also realizing that since we are going to sell the Pilot we would rather do it sooner than later while it is still running.

FWIW the 4Runner at Carmax sold yesterday. I found two more used at some other dealers with less then 45k miles, but the price of $40k-$45k I am still hoping for less miles.

Last edited by AnnieW625; 09-25-2022 at 04:46 PM.
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

Update#1: we test drove a Passport Trail Sport yesterday and liked it but we haven’t bought anything yet. The dealer said their Costco price was $47,000 (which is $3000 over MSRP), we told her we still had cars to look at (looking at the 4Runner on Friday….didn’t disclose the other models we are looking at); she spoke to the manager who then brought the price down to $45k. We told her we are still looking and she said she will call us on Friday. She also told us that she isn’t sure the dealer will continue the Costco program after this month . If we can get her down to $43k after we look at the 4Runner then maybe we will consider it. An auto broker got me a price on Passport EX-L for $42,700, but the EX-L has a few less features. Dh says he still isn’t in a hurry, but I did tell him that I don’t expect it to get better anytime soon and I have a 2.49% interest rate offer from my credit union right now as well that expires 10/5 and I highly doubt with the recent rate hikes that I will be able to get anything close to that in the future. I don’t anticipate this car market changing at all until probably late 2024 or maybe even 2025.

I also noticed last night that Costco took down their invoice prices off their website and now just list MSRP.

Last edited by AnnieW625; 09-28-2022 at 12:30 PM.
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Did you drive a 4Runner yet? As a pp mentioned, it is very much a truck-y drive. I personally don't care for how it drives (truck-y and somewhat under powered), but agree it is a nice looking vehicle.
    K

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    Did you drive a 4Runner yet? As a pp mentioned, it is very much a truck-y drive. I personally don't care for how it drives (truck-y and somewhat under powered), but agree it is a nice looking vehicle.
    No driving two on Friday night at a dealer that I also found through the Costco website. Dh has decided that because we no longer have long commutes and what not that he isn’t insisting on a smooth car like ride (but tbh I would prefer an SUV to a truck especially if we are still occasionally going on some road trips). He has forever wanted a true sport capable truck or SUV (he regrets not buying a Jeep Wrangler when he had the chance post college and his commute was about 4 miles) and since we do live near the mountains he would like AWD or 4x4 option.

Last edited by AnnieW625; 09-28-2022 at 01:02 PM.
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

squimp is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We have a 2021 Tundra extended cab, it's a pretty sweet ride. It replaced a 2012-ish 4-Runner. I tend to prefer smaller cars but DH needed it for hauling his boat. It is a big truck, in the same vein as the big Ford F-150, and mileage is predictably bad. For us, the comfort of people in the back seat (e.g. his friends, my daughter who is taller than me) the Tundra is really very comfortable for people. It is our go-to travel vehicle. We had a 2002 Pilot and I loved it but the driver area was a little too small for my 6'4" DH. We also had a Tacoma back in 1999, it's too small for his purposes - we got rid of it when DD was born, just not good for back seat paHe is the same way about not getting a major refresh either. I was lobbying for the Rivian but it was a quick turnaround purchase.

Uodate#2: we ended up finding a 2018 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4x4 w/34k miles on it at a local dealer for a decent price and brought it home today. We didn’t think we would go with a CPO vehicle but the mileage was low enough and the 2.79% interest rate was also great and lower than what I thought we would get with a used car so that helped a ton with the decision. I liked that there was no wait for the car and even though the car had miles on it I am pretty sure we saved a good $10k just on MSRP for a similar car if we had bought new (and that wouldn’t even include the automatic dealer markups). The car does feel like driving a truck but the ride is still very smooth. Overall we are happy with the purchase.

Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Uodate#2: we ended up finding a 2018 Toyota 4Runner Limited 4x4 w/34k miles on it at a local dealer for a decent price and brought it home today. We didn’t think we would go with a CPO vehicle but the mileage was low enough and the 2.79% interest rate was also great and lower than what I thought we would get with a used car so that helped a ton with the decision. I liked that there was no wait for the car and even though the car had miles on it I am pretty sure we saved a good $10k just on MSRP for a similar car if we had bought new (and that wouldn’t even include the automatic dealer markups). The car does feel like driving a truck but the ride is still very smooth. Overall we are happy with the purchase.

Sounds like a great ride! A 4Runner is a truck-truck, I'd love one! We have a Sequoia with many, many more miles 34K, and it has given us literally zero issues. Great vehicles.

Quote Originally Posted by khm View Post
    Sounds like a great ride! A 4Runner is a truck-truck, I'd love one! We have a Sequoia with many, many more miles 34K, and it has given us literally zero issues. Great vehicles.
    The Sequoia was another option too but there are literally zero to be had anywhere either new or used, and we definitely couldn’t have afforded a limited model Sequoia and not a new one without being able to haggle. I love driving this thing too. …. And love the rear power window.

Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast