Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    Update#1: we test drove a Passport Trail Sport yesterday and liked it but we haven’t bought anything yet. The dealer said their Costco price was $47,000 (which is $3000 over MSRP), we told her we still had cars to look at (looking at the 4Runner on Friday….didn’t disclose the other models we are looking at); she spoke to the manager who then brought the price down to $45k. We told her we are still looking and she said she will call us on Friday. She also told us that she isn’t sure the dealer will continue the Costco program after this month . If we can get her down to $43k after we look at the 4Runner then maybe we will consider it. An auto broker got me a price on Passport EX-L for $42,700, but the EX-L has a few less features. Dh says he still isn’t in a hurry, but I did tell him that I don’t expect it to get better anytime soon and I have a 2.49% interest rate offer from my credit union right now as well that expires 10/5 and I highly doubt with the recent rate hikes that I will be able to get anything close to that in the future. I don’t anticipate this car market changing at all until probably late 2024 or maybe even 2025.

I also noticed last night that Costco took down their invoice prices off their website and now just list MSRP.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    The flooded cars of southwest Florida will put tremendous pressure on already stressed industry. Everyone in my family lost their cars!

Congrats on your new purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I love driving this thing too. …. And love the rear power window.

That's so funny about the rear power window. My dad always had 4 Runners from WAAAAAY back when I first started learning to drive (mid 80's) and that window was awesome. How much did you end up spending?

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Anyone have these cars?

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    The flooded cars of southwest Florida will put tremendous pressure on already stressed industry. Everyone in my family lost their cars!

Congrats on your new purchase.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    OMG! I didn’t even think about that issue in the near future. Good luck to your family in Florida.

Quote Originally Posted by WatchingThemGrow View Post
    That's so funny about the rear power window. My dad always had 4 Runners from WAAAAAY back when I first started learning to drive (mid 80's) and that window was awesome. How much did you end up spending?
    The car was $43,000 after the Costco discount (I think it was listed at $44900 or something….dealer immediately brought the price down to $44,000 and then I mentioned Costco and they took another $1000 off). I priced out a 4Runner Limited new with all of the options we have now and MSRP was $52,000 before dealer markups, plus the 4x4 (not full time) model is really hard to find. I am sure we probably paid a little much but I think everyone is paying too much these days either new or used. Pre Covid we probably could’ve gotten this car new for about $47,000 or somewhere between $38,000 and $40,000 used with similar mileage.

I remember loading groceries into the Pilot when my kids were little and seeing a 4Runner across the parking lot with the sliding rear window down and realized I really should’ve considered the 4Runner then just for that option (FWIW our Pilot doesn’t have the auto lift gate…..neither does the 4Runner actually…..it is kind of a weird mix between luxury and a regular non luxury car….like it doesn’t have the warning in your mirrors when someone is next to you, which my Subaru has).

Oh and DD1 has already asked to drive it to school….we told her she is not allowed to drive it without an adult in the car.

Last edited by AnnieW625; 10-06-2022 at 12:02 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Glad you love it. We love ours!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3