Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I suggest you host elsewhere. Maybe a room at a restaurant? Masking in your own home with work colleagues definitely sends a signal in this current era (some 90 percent of the population has either had it or vaccinated or both) that they are likely positive. However, a meet up restaurant or community room I wouldn’t think it odd you were masking at all!

I agree with ez - I would be uncomfortable and would likely ask for a mask.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Question for the OP, are you worried about unmasked guests? If you are, I think I might put off hosting. I think it is 100% in your right to host an event AND to request or require others to do the same in your own home. But since it is a work function that makes it much, much trickier!

On the other hand, if you're completely fine with other guests not masking then I'd just wear the mask and let people decide to join you in donning a mask or not.

Is it possible to host somewhere else as Kindra suggests? That might be more comfortable for you perhaps?

I'm pretty much done masking in company. I do wear masks in public areas that feel dicey (public transportation, medical facilities, even some stores) but I also really support the idea that if someone wants to feel safe in their home that they should feel no social pressures that make them uncomfortable. DH has a coworker who lost her father to COVID. This coworker is of course very nervous about COVID and their whole team (who mostly work from home) are extremely careful whenever she is around.

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Update: the event was earlier this week. The weather cooperated, and I was able to have all of the windows open. I masked, as did some of the guests, and nobody seemed uncomfortable. Thanks for all of your insight and advice!
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2