Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default What was your favorite ladies' trip destination?

Too many good choices out there and we've done most of the common ones (Vegas, New Orleans...) and my group is looking for a different destination. We have a big list of ideas but no one place is the clear winner. Destination and then any extra details you would want to provide would be amazing (hotels, activities...).
    If it was just me, I would rent a house, hire in catering, hike and chill but sounds like the group is leaning towards an urban destination (small or big city) in the US or Canada.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Haven’t done this one, so no tips to offer, but if it were me I’d vote for Montreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    Haven’t done this one, so no tips to offer, but if it were me I’d vote for Montreal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That's the one I am pushing for!

Montreal would be the ticket for group girls trip. I know you said U.S or Canada, but consider Iceland?

It’s only just recently my childhood elementary group of close girlfriends can do big trips together every 3-4 years now. Last trip we did New Orleans, and planning to do Iceland in 2 years time, as they’re all Europe base and I’m here on east coast. Iceland is only short direct non stop 3-4 hours for both of us. So def consider it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

jenmcadams is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I'm definitely more of the hike and good food person on girls trips, but I have a few different groups I've traveled with the last few years and we've loved the following destinations:
    - Spring in Sonoma (rented great house, did wine tasting, spa time, ate amazing food)
    - Spring in Captiva (not an option now because of hurricane, but we had a house 100ft from water and did beach time, pool time, hiking, great food)
    - Fall in Sedona (more of a hiking/food option)
    - Fall in Tahoe (did ebikes, hikes, great food)
    - Fall in Vail/Beaver Creek (hiking, great food)
    - Spring in Seattle (love, love, love the Inn at the Market, great food, hiking, etc.)

One more thought, is Nashville. The scene can be a little party/crazy and has a bachelorette vibe sometimes, but I love the live music. I've only done it as a couples getaway and we stayed in an amazing little apartment, ate good food, drank, and listened to music
    Last edited by jenmcadams; 10-04-2022 at 03:23 PM.
    Mom to a DD (8/02) and a DS (6/05)

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I find our urban girls’ trips are much more fun. It’s easy to separate, do different things in smaller groups, etc. Chicago and NYC have been my favorites by far! We have done great food, private barre/yoga classes, theater, bars, urban parks, cool museums, shopping.

Nashville is special to all of us as well, but it’s annoyingly expensive these days and housing options are rough. It’s become a crowded, small city although the Frist is outstanding.

Charleston and Savannah are also fab, with Charleston winning hands down, but both are fun.

I would love to do Vancouver or Seattle.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Sounds like we’re circling the same usual suspects- and for good reason as they are all worth visiting!
    We’re only a group of 3 so we will be sticking together.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I think we tend towards spa trips…we did do New Orleans and Sonoma, skiing, Lake Austin Spa, Miraval Austin, Canyon Ranch Tuscon, and a few places I can’t remember…Scottsdale, Playa del Carmen, Tulum. We were throwing around Costa Rica this year, but decided to stay in the US.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

erosenst is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Look at Park City, Utah. Has a cute downtown, great restaurants, places to stay, hiking etc. Not quite "urban" but not isolated. Telluride was another good trip but harder to get to and less of a 'cute downtown'.

I wish I could do some of the great options shared. One in our group has really reduced our radius of travel and many places I wanted to go are out of the range. My milestone b-day trip is just a few years off though so I'll get my way then. It's their trip now. But, these are all going on the list even if I can't use them now!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast