PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default "Cirkul" water bottles system

Have you tried this? Is it good?
    DS2 has gotten hooked on Hint water and I really like it too. It's been worth it to have DS2 drink enough water each day with no sugar or anything else (besides the flavor). I don't however love all the plastic bottle waste and the cost (when Costco had them it was about 70-cents per bottle but otherwise the cheapest I've found is when Target has them for $1 each). But I saw an ad for cirkul water bottles and am intrigued. It seems like the only way to try cirkul though is to buy the "system" and order the flavor cartridges through subscription. Any experience with them?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

anonomom is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don't have Circul experience, but I do have a different recommendation. :-) True Lemon has a line of unsweetened flavor packets for water, and they're really good. The flavors are usually blends with crystallized citrus juice (coconut lime, lemon mint, cherry lime, etc.) I love that they're unsweetened because I dislike the taste of monk fruit and splenda. https://www.truelemon.com/collection...ruit-infusions
    DC1 -- 2005 DD -- 2009 DS -- 2011

JElaineB is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

We used Cirkul for a while. Some flavors were really good and some not so great. I liked that you can choose the sweetener (or no sweetener). It did help us drink more water for a while, but ultimately it's not a lot different than buying MiO or similar water enhancers and using your own reusable bottle.

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

DD has it and likes that it can be plain water or flavored by turning something. She refills the pouch with Mio or Koolaod flavors mostly.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Kris

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

You can sign up for a 6- case water delivery from hint. There are different bundles and options. Buying in bulk does bring some savings although it doesn’t appear to be a fantastic deal. This is what a friend did a few years ago before Hint was widely available. Her family was drinking a lot of it. https://www.drinkhint.com/collections/kits
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Thanks for this! Weird though that their bundle price is a lot more than we're paying now- 72 bottles for $100 is $1.38 each whereas at Target we've been paying $1 each.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by anonomom View Post
    I don't have Circul experience, but I do have a different recommendation. :-) True Lemon has a line of unsweetened flavor packets for water, and they're really good. The flavors are usually blends with crystallized citrus juice (coconut lime, lemon mint, cherry lime, etc.) I love that they're unsweetened because I dislike the taste of monk fruit and splenda. https://www.truelemon.com/collection...ruit-infusions
    I didn’t mind true lemon or lime when we had a Soda Strea machine but my kids didn’t care for it at all. We used Crystal Light, Mio, or Kool Aid drops most of the time. It all depends on the person. Dd1 does occasionally like the single serve iced tea or lemonade mixes though. We are back to sending them with regular water to school and it works so much better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Twin Mom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I saw that commercial too. Seems like a gimmick that would get old and eventually take up space in your kitchen when you stop using it!
    Mom to b/g twins (g in college, b working)

People show themselves not by what they say but by what they do

Our happiness or our unhappiness depends far more on the way we meet the events of life than on the nature of those events themselves. -- Wilhelm von Humboldt

Melaine is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

I was wondering about this too. I could have sworn I saw some in the aisle of Walmart but I was in a rush to get out of there. I’ll look next time I go.

chlobo is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Not sure this will help but I get powdered electrolyte powder and put in less than a full dose so it flavors the water but doesn't make it overly sweet. I use LMNT.