Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: job update!

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default job update!

So I posted last month after doing a few rounds of interviews at an awesome company for a new job --well, after some weeks of anxiously waiting, this week i finally got the job offer!!
    Compensation-wise, they are giving me what I asked for (which my sweet DH had literally laughed off as an absurd amount). Starting salary alone is way more than I make now. Huge sign-on bonus, plus stock, additional bonuses...AND....they decided to give me a title one level HIGHER than what i had interviewed for, reporting directly to the boss of the hiring manager

Job is 100% remote, 5 wks vacation + 1 wk sick/personal time + holidays. Almost no travel, unless i want to.
    I am GOBSMACKED.

It took a little while to get the offer the original role I had interviewed wasn't a perfect fit but interviewer was so impressed by me and my experience he sent my resume around to a few VPs, one was very interested and then had one of his directors set up the next round of interviews. After that they had to create a new position/requisition specifically for me and get all the approvals etc.

I cannot believe it.
    I feel like freaking Cinderella.

It is amazing feeling to feel valued, and like you have amazing potential. It is incredible.
    although i'm also rather nervous about it ! And hoping I can measure up to expectations. It will be different from my current job in many ways (which probably is a good thing!!)

So to all you ladies who may be on a rough job-seeking journey and/or are struggling to feel seen and appreciated where you currently are...please don't give up hope. I KNOW how incredibly frustrating and soul-crushing t can be, even in this market. It is SO hard not to take it personally after so many rejections, after so many microaggressions and indications that you are not valued). I realize now, the right place for you is out there, you just have to find it AND, know your worth!!
    Last edited by ♥ms.pacman♥; 09-17-2022 at 11:43 PM.

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Wow!!! Amazing! Congratulations to you!
    K

♥ms.pacman♥ is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Oh and i gave notice at my current job yesterday. Boss seemed shocked/disappointed but understanding. Boss' boss now wants to talk to me on Mon for first time ever. ugh.
    I was kind of surprised people were so surprised.

i then saw this article today on LinkedIn, from Harvard Business Review today and WOW. OMG, this, a MILLION TIMES. Please read, bc THIS is exactly what is happening in many organizations. This is exactly what happened to me, to a T. I am so glad i am able to get out.

https://hbr.org/2022/07/stop-underva...eptional-women

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Congratulations! Enjoy your new position.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Congrats! That’s super awesome! You deserve it! Can’t wait to hear about how the new job goes.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Congratulations!! I've been wondering- so glad to read such a fantastic outcome! It sounds like a great fit and such a positive and well-deserved change for you!

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Congratulations! Thanks for sharing this inspiring news!

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default job update!

Quote Originally Posted by [emoji813
    ms.pacman;4428764]Oh and i gave notice at my current job yesterday. Boss seemed shocked/disappointed but understanding. Boss' boss now wants to talk to me on Mon for first time ever. ugh.
    I was kind of surprised people were so surprised.

i then saw this article today on LinkedIn, from Harvard Business Review today and WOW. OMG, this, a MILLION TIMES. Please read, bc THIS is exactly what is happening in many organizations. This is exactly what happened to me, to a T. I am so glad i am able to get out.

https://hbr.org/2022/07/stop-underva...eptional-women
    I’d give the Boss’ boss this article. Be honest, you’ve discussed promotion several times and they gave you nothing, so you’re leaving for a higher position elsewhere.

Congrats on the new job!! It’s been a search but it sounds great for you

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by niccig; 09-18-2022 at 02:29 AM.

Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m so happy for you! It’s well deserved and I hope your current boss learns a lesson from this.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

That’s fantastic news! Congratulations!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast