Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Default I love teachers, but Sunday night request for items? Seriously?

So at 8:06PM on Sunday night, I received this request from DS1’s science teacher for supplies for tomorrow (Monday morning.) Seriously?!?! I can’t even help tomorrow morning since I volunteered to take breakfast to 22 hungry swimmers and I need to leave my house at 6:20am, and I won’t be back until after the bus has picked him up. I told DS1 to look in the recycling bin tomorrow morning. He has ADHD so of course he didn’t remember that he had made a list on Friday. 8PM is super late for a Monday morning request. 5PM would have been so much better.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

I think the teacher makes it clear that nobody should stress about this and that there will be some materials at school. Leave your son a note to grab some foil and grocery bags on his way out and don’t worry!

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

This is why parents cannot clean out...ever! My minimalistic brain is thinking that these are the things that we throw away or recycle as soon as they enter our house (if they ever enter our house). I never understood people who keep "everything" until I had kids and requests like this started coming out!

Also, my DC would be heartbroken if we didn't have almost everything on the list.

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default I love teachers, but Sunday night request for items? Seriously?

I would put 4 or 5 items into a grocery bag and send DS off to school. I’ve got 9 of those items in the house. The teacher made it clear to not buy anything - send what you have.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

My big issue was that I got the email during bedtime and I had to leave the house super early so I didn’t have time to spend with DS1 gathering things. Of course I work him up 10 min early and scrounged through the recycle bin and left items on the counter. But then DS forgot to put them in his backpack (DH had to get him to the bus stop), so epic fail all around
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Just do what you can. I no longer stress or kill myself over this kind of thing.

Some things is common household goods in my house I always have on hand. So that’s what I’ll focus and just send away with kiddo.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

mom_hanna is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

To me, this just sounds like a reminder note that the teacher already discussed with the students. I wouldn't stress about it.

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

My 6th grader's teacher sent out the school supply list on the Saturday afternoon before school started (on Monday). We were out of town that Saturday and we don't shop on Sundays so that was fun. He started school with whatever we could scrounge up.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    My 6th grader's teacher sent out the school supply list on the Saturday afternoon before school started (on Monday). We were out of town that Saturday and we don't shop on Sundays so that was fun. He started school with whatever we could scrounge up.
    My DS started high school this year and the supply lists from each teacher came home with them on the first day of school. By then the aisles everywhere were ransacked.

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    We have the same issue. And of course Target doesn't open until 9 and Staples until later than that so it isn't even possible to run and get supplies in the early morning! (I used to do a fair amount of shopping before 7 am when my kids were little!)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast