Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hurricane Ian

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Hurricane Ian

I know J Baxter (Jeanne) is in the Sarasota area, any other BBB members in the Hurricanes path. Hope you all stay safe.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Agreed. Hope you are safe if you’re in the path of this hurricane!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Stay safe Florida BBB members!!
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Stay safe Florida BBB members!!
    Sending love and safe thoughts!
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Saying prayers for you and your kids, JBaxter and other Bbb moms.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Yes, I was thinking about J Baxter and any other FL families -- hoping you're able to stay safe and deal with minimal damage.
    Lizi

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

On of my best friends moved from San Diego to Naples, FL last year so this was her first experience with a hurricane. She, her sister, and 4 year old nephew all evacuated on Tuesday to Miami. Looks like Naples had a huge storm surge and she was lucky to get out when she did. She said all her neighbors stayed put like it was no big deal.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    On of my best friends moved from San Diego to Naples, FL last year so this was her first experience with a hurricane. She, her sister, and 4 year old nephew all evacuated on Tuesday to Miami. Looks like Naples had a huge storm surge and she was lucky to get out when she did. She said all her neighbors stayed put like it was no big deal.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    My birthmom who is 73, has lived in Fort Myers for 30 years. She said she’s so tired of these hurricane that she’s seriously considering moving back to Wisconsin where she grew up and has family. I texted her yesterday and she said she’s staying with a friend 30 miles inland and is fine but hates the disruption.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My husband’s aunt and uncle live outside Tampa and decided to stay and checked in yesterday on FB and said other than the rain they were fine. They have been there about six years now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    My birthmom who is 73, has lived in Fort Myers for 30 years. She said she’s so tired of these hurricane that she’s seriously considering moving back to Wisconsin where she grew up and has family. I texted her yesterday and she said she’s staying with a friend 30 miles inland and is fine but hates the disruption.
    My parents just moved from the Savannah/Hilton Head area last year. While it was not the reason for their move, my father did comment on being glad they were moving away from that area for hurricane reasons. He thought it had gotten over built enough that evacuation routes couldn't handle the volume.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast