daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Book gift ideas for a mentor

I was recently in a leadership development course and my mentor was phenomenal. He emphasized authenticity and the relational aspects of leadership.When I finished my course, he gifted me 10 must reads of Harvard Business Review.

I will be meeting him in person for the first time at an event in which he will be honored. I was hoping to give him a small token of my appreciation. I was thinking of a book. Any leads appreciated.

firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Your mentor sounds amazing. I think it’s very thoughtful you want to give him a gift. I think with a book, there’s a good chance it could be a duplicate of one he already has. Any hobbies or favorite things of his that he has shared? Maybe a quote on authenticity or leadership from someone he looks up to stamped onto the front of a leather / moleskine journal?

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I would lean towards a beautiful edition of a classic. Even if people have a book, many will cherish a beautiful, inscribed edition. If he loves literature, he would cherish it.

However, if it is more a business relationship and the books he reads are more about leadership, a beautiful journal and a nice pen might be a better choice. Even a fountain pen might be a good idea.

daisyd is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Thanks for chiming in. I love the idea of a journal and a fountain pen.

He loves to quote Maya Angelou and is an avid runner.