Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Most teens I know are anti brand name stuff or they are indifferent to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

A teen in car line had these on today. They were cute on her

https://oldnavy.gap.com/browse/produ...p-page-content
    Last edited by KpbS; 10-05-2022 at 12:05 AM.
    K

The Zara Marine Straight jean is very popular here! High waisted with flare legs. Either the white or a color!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    DD Summer 2008
    DS Summer 2010

ahisma is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post

Yes! My super fashion / social cue conscious DS2 keeps on asking for Amazon Essentials / Hanes/ Fruit of the Loom sweatshirts. Blows my mind.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

These pics look like what I'm seeing at DS2's school.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post

This is true for us for the modern stuff- nobody cares if you are wearing Gucci or Old Navy. But my kids and their friends are loving finding the old 80’s brands in the thrift shops because the cut of those clothes are so popular now. And because the quality of the clothing then was excellent.

Just as a fun aside, today was dress-up day at our school. Normally the kids wear uniforms. Dd whose a freshman wore a thrift-shop dress classic 50’s “New Look” with my mom’s pumps from the 50’s. As she was walking around in them complaining about the 1.5” heel, I reminded her my mom wore those for 8hour shifts on a cement factory floor. No one wore tennis shoes with dresses back then!! (I tossed a pair of flip flops in her school bag to change into).
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 10-05-2022 at 08:53 AM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    This is true for us for the modern stuff- nobody cares if you are wearing Gucci or Old Navy. But my kids and their friends are loving finding the old 80’s brands in the thrift shops because the cut of those clothes are so popular now. And because the quality of the clothing then was excellent.

Just as a fun aside, today was dress-up day at our school. Normally the kids wear uniforms. Dd whose a freshman wore a thrift-shop dress classic 50’s “New Look” with my mom’s pumps from the 50’s. As she was walking around in them complaining about the 1.5” heel, I reminded her my mom wore those for 8hour shifts on a cement factory floor. No one wore tennis shoes with dresses back then!! (I tossed a pair of flip flops in her school bag to change into).
    Haha, that is what my DD1 said after wearing slight heels to Homecoming! She said she’ll wear her converse next year with a cute shirt dress (I saw several girls at pick up time rocking sneakers with fancy dresses).

DD decided to dress 90’s theme for Decades Day at school and asked what to wear. I told her acid wash or mom jeans, a tank top or graphic tee, and a flannel shirt was what I lived in in HS. She said that’s her normal outfit for school. Funny how trends come back around!

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Agree with essence.

elbenn is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I am so glad I asked the BBB about this as the trends are way different than I thought.

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Trendy Jeans Recs (for teen girl)

Quote Originally Posted by erosenst View Post
    Not sure how she's built - but American Eagle has a great variety of styles and more importantly sizes. DD loves their 'curvy extra short' for example that comes in small sizes - she's a total hourglass shape and 4'11".
    Yes to this. My DDs like American Eagle. Dd2 who is really picky about jeans likes American Eagle. Universal Threads, and Denizen from Target are also good choices but probably a tad less trendy than American Eagle, but both my girls wear them without any issues. If you have a good thrift shop or resale shop also consider looking there for American Eagle if you are on a budget.

Label wise I don’t see much with the kids at Dds school. I saw it more when we lived in LA County.

Last edited by AnnieW625; 10-05-2022 at 10:59 AM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast