twowhat? is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default $50 off Rothy's Points

50FORYOU gets you $50 most any Points until 10/23. Limit 10. As good a deal as it gets.

jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thanks for sharing!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

How does the sizing run for a narrow foot?

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post

I have fat feet with squishy little toes, so I'm not sure about narrow feet. I will say that most people size up several sizes, and I only sized up a half size from my normal 7.5 (which worked great in the drivers) to an 8 in points. I have another set of points in 7.5, and they're wearable but a bit tight after washing. I just remove the insole from the left shoe and it works fine.

I would start with one full size up from your street size for Points. They are going to feel too big when you get them. Take them off of the cardboard forms and let them settle for a few days - they will get snugger! AND they are going to snug up even a bit more upon washing and wearing. So you really do want them to feel too big to start with. My test is if I can walk without them flopping completely off my feet (even if they feel like they are GOING to flop off but don't), then that's the right size. It's far easier to swap in a thicker insole to take care of a slightly loose shoe than to have shoes that are too tight. They will NOT stretch - they will only shrink. The key to comfort in the Points is to NOT have your toes squished into the pointy part of your shoe. The widest part of your toes should be at the widest point of the shoe. Different colors will sometimes fit differently so make sure you let them settle without the cardboard and then try them on and do the "flop" test.

I have OG Rothys that are too small because I didn't know all this and it makes me so sad - they are my favorite pairs. I have a slightly wide foot so I need 1.5 to 2 sizes up from my street side. I'm a size 8, and I get Rothy's Points in size 9.5 or even 10 in the colors that run snug (like solid black).
    Last edited by twowhat?; 10-23-2022 at 10:44 PM.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I am a 9.5 wide in street shoes and my two points are 10.5 and one pair I washed and they are truly too small. The other pair fits fine but they fit better when I wore regular shoes to the office on a daily basis (now that I have been wearing Birkenstocks, Uggs, or flip flops for 2.5 years my feet have spread the slightest bit) and they don’t fit quite as well as they used to. I now need at least 11, but probably an 11.5 in points.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I received my points. I didn’t think I would like them but they’re surprisingly comfortable. I ordered two sizes and can’t decide which to keep. They’re both a bit big on me with the larger pair definitely big on me. My toes can definitely feel the edge of the insert on the sides in this style. Almost like my toes are rolling off the center into the edges of the shoe. I have very narrow feet if that helps at all. Is that typical?

I received my points. I didn’t think I would like them but they’re surprisingly comfortable. I ordered two sizes and can’t decide which to keep. They’re both a bit big on me with the larger pair definitely big on me. My toes can definitely feel the edge of the insert on the sides in this style. Almost like my toes are rolling off the center into the edges of the shoe. I have very narrow feet if that helps at all. Is that typical?
    What's your regular street size and what sizes did you order? Pics of your feet in the shoes from above while you are standing would help if you can swing it. You don't want to see the outline of your toes through the shoes - that means they are too squished. If you can feel the edges of the insert, it almost sounds like they could be too small? You want the widest part of your toes to sit at the widest part of the shoe just inside the vamp and there should be plenty of space in front of your toes - in other words you don't want your toes to squish into the point part of the shoe.

For reference I'm a street size 8 with slightly wide foot and I usually need a Points size of 9.5, and sometimes even 10. They always feel too big at first but after a few washes and wears, they shrink up a little.

Also, remove the cardboard forms and let the Points sit out without them for at least a few days (they will snug up once off of the forms) and then try on again.

They will.not.stretch. They will ONLY shrink! (annoying, yes). For me it's better to get them feeling too big initially, and adding an extra slim insole (like a Soft & Slim) and then once the shoes shrink down a bit, then then I stop using the extra insole.