Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default Breast Expanders - SO uncomfortable

Just a B*tch as I attempt to relax and not think about the pain that expanders can be. All of my expansions (DMX with expanders and delayed reconstruction) have been flawless except for 2 on the radiated breast. Hurts like H$LL. Hurts to move, hurts to roll over, hurts to put my seatbelt on. Last time this happened, the Dr removed some of the saline. This time, since it's my 2nd to last expansion...nope. I'm hoping to get a decent nights sleep and feel better tomorrow AM but this SUCKS.

But I'm NED with Breast Cancer and I have to think of the positives!

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Oh, that sounds awful! I'm glad you are also seeing the positives, but unfortunately it doesn't make this step of the process suck any less. Sending P&PT for you to get that decent sleep and be over the worst of it.
    Lizi

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm sorry! That sounds really painful. Hope you can sleep well! Big hugs
    K

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm so sorry. I'm sure doing anything at all with your arms and core makes things super painful and uncomfortable. I hope tomorrow is better.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

liz is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

So sorry to hear of your pain. Sending love to you and wishing you less pain in the days ahead {{hugs}}

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

That sounds so uncomfortable and I’m sorry you are experiencing that. An acquaintance of mine just had the incision reopen after the first expander on her radiated breast which she said is common because the skin/tissue can act differently and be less resilient after radiation. So I’m learning how while “reconstruction” sounds simple to those of us who’ve never walked that road, it really is a series of challenges. Wishing you relief from pain soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I'm so sorry. I can only imagine how uncomfortable and painful that must be on top of everything else you've endured. Sleep is SO important. Hoping you've been able to get some!

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'm so sorry. I hope you can find a way to get a decent night's sleep
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

LD92599 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by wendibird22 View Post
    That sounds so uncomfortable and I’m sorry you are experiencing that. An acquaintance of mine just had the incision reopen after the first expander on her radiated breast which she said is common because the skin/tissue can act differently and be less resilient after radiation. So I’m learning how while “reconstruction” sounds simple to those of us who’ve never walked that road, it really is a series of challenges. Wishing you relief from pain soon!
    This is what is feels like will happen - like my f-oob is going to just explode. and a sneeze? OMG! I did however participate in a Making Strides walk-a-thon this morning and that was fine...it's just moving or turning to the left...or sleeping or yes, a sneeze!

I'm so sorry you have to go through this after everything else and there really is no torture quite like that of sleep deprivation. Wishing you some painfree rest time soon! And way to go doing a walkathon despite not getting any rest, I'm impressed!
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast