Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default A vent and a question

If you stayed at someone’s house and got black/brown stains all over their cream towels (probably eye makeup), would you tell them so they can clean the towels timely or do you not mention anything and they don’t find it until 3 days after you leave because they’re super busy and didn’t get to the laundry?

Guess which one my sister choose!
    I’ve soaked in dawn and the stain came out pretty easily so not that big a deal. But it still irks me she didn’t mention it to me and she thought it was fine to get the towel all stained.

So on next visit- do I give her an old colored towel for her makeup (I have an old one I use for my makeup) or do I make sure that bathroom has makeup remover/wipes and cotton pads for makeup removal out on the counter? It’s a shared bathroom with DS and I didn’t think to put makeup wipes etc in there. I have all of that and would’ve given it to her if she asked for it. When I travel I’m careful about my makeup and stains so I didn’t think she’d use my towels - I’ve used toilet paper when didn’t have anything else to use

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Default A vent and a question

Super obnoxious! I’d make sure to have a set of dark colored towels for her next time. Costco has nice towels (in various dark colors) that are inexpensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Annoying.

I buy the makeup remover towels for myself and when I have a female houseguest, I will put one in the guest bathroom (all my towels are white).
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Super obnoxious! I’d make sure to have a set of dark colored towels for her next time. Costco has nice towels (in various dark colors) that are inexpensive.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Great idea. I’ll buy a set next time I’m there to use as guest towels.

The stain was in several places - I could see getting out of the shower once and not haven taken off makeup, so you dry your face on the towel and you get it stained. I’ve done that. But it looked like she did it several times and not just a once oops.

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    Annoying.

I buy the makeup remover towels for myself and when I have a female houseguest, I will put one in the guest bathroom (all my towels are white).
    I’ll do the same. The other regular guest is MIL and she would never ever stain a towel with her makeup! I’ll get a dark colored set of towels and know to soak prior to washing as well.

I bought these for guests after seeing towels like them on a cruise.
    https://www.amazon.com/Bleach-Makeup...07&sr=8-5&th=1

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I have sets of black washcloths with little embroidered closed eyes with lashes on them for makeup removal. DD and I both use them at home and I put them out for any female guests in the guest bath. I also started stocking them in our rental homes because renters were trashing our towels with their makeup (but also with their acid face washes which remove color so it's kind of an unwinnable battle to be honest). After I added the black washcloths, it really did cut down on the wear and tear to our white towels. The makeup wipes are a nice addition too but I find they don't truly get all the mascara off and I still get smudges on my towels without using a washcloth to wash my face.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

You can make the makeup-remover wipes available there but there is no guarantee she is going to use them. I’d get a couple sets of dark towels and tell her that her towels are a different color so they don’t get mixed up with your ds’s towels since they share a bathroom. Two birds killed with one stone.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Argh that's so frustrating, I def would own up (esp to family!) and apologize profusedly and honestly offer to replace the towels.

I have sets of black washcloths with little embroidered closed eyes with lashes on them for makeup removal. DD and I both use them at home and I put them out for any female guests in the guest bath.
    Oh, if you have a link I'd love to get these. Every year I stay at a hotel for work that has a black washcloth with 'makeup remover' embroidered on it and always think I should get a couple of these.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    You can make the makeup-remover wipes available there but there is no guarantee she is going to use them. I’d get a couple sets of dark towels and tell her that her towels are a different color so they don’t get mixed up with your ds’s towels since they share a bathroom. Two birds killed with one stone.
    This is a great solution!

OP, I'd be MORTIFIED if I ruined your towels! I usually travel with makeup remover wipes and often a beige washcloth just so when I wash my face none of my makeup migrates where it shouldn't!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast