Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

See, that’s why I hate visiting homes or hotels with only white linens. Too stressful! Anyone ever had it be that time of the month and worried you might mess something up by mistake? I don’t use bleach here at all (we probably own some but not positive). I think dark towels are the way to go for guest towels.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by echoesofspring View Post
    Argh that's so frustrating, I def would own up (esp to family!) and apologize profusedly and honestly offer to replace the towels.

Oh, if you have a link I'd love to get these. Every year I stay at a hotel for work that has a black washcloth with 'makeup remover' embroidered on it and always think I should get a couple of these.
    I got mine on Etsy a few years ago:https://www.etsy.com/listing/7336288..._1&crt=1&sts=1
    But there are tons of similar ones around.
    Last edited by marinkitty; 10-24-2022 at 12:17 PM.

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by echoesofspring View Post
    Argh that's so frustrating, I def would own up (esp to family!) and apologize profusedly and honestly offer to replace the towels.

Oh, if you have a link I'd love to get these. Every year I stay at a hotel for work that has a black washcloth with 'makeup remover' embroidered on it and always think I should get a couple of these.
    I don't have the ones with "makeup remover" embroidered, but I did get these for DDs for dance after one too many complaints about the makeup wipes stinging, and they work REALLY well.
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Thanks all. I’ll get the makeup black towels for me and then a dark set of towels for guests. I was able to get the black stains off the towels - read to soak in dawn dish detergent to remove the oils. No bleach was needed. So no damage done.

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    See, that’s why I hate visiting homes or hotels with only white linens. Too stressful! Anyone ever had it be that time of the month and worried you might mess something up by mistake? I don’t use bleach here at all (we probably own some but not positive). I think dark towels are the way to go for guest towels.

Yes, this is me too! I much prefer when there are darker towels available. I also intentionally have guest towels that are not all the same color so that (especially in our smaller guest bathroom that my daughter also uses) it is very easy for guests to identify which are theirs. So my guest room closet has sets of towels in 2 different colors that are not the same as the ones the rest of us use.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would get dark towels like you are going to or just leave the stained towel for your sister to use.

I don’t find that the makeup erasers work well for me especially without makeup remover. I still like the individual cotton ovals I get at the store. I know……wasteful but that and good quality eye makeup remover (Lancôme) and or Micellar water (Garnier with pink lid) work best for me. I bought the official Makeup Eraser brand about 5 years ago from Costco and I soo wanted them to work for me but they didn’t.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2