Thread: Shapewear

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Shapewear

I need new shapewear to wear under a dress for a holiday party. What brands/types do you love.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

baymom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I’ve been getting a lot of FB ads for Shapermint brand shapewear and am intrigued. No personal experience though.

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Shapewear

I wear the mid rise thigh shaper short from Spanx.

Shapermint if you read their reviews on Facebook or Reddit doesn’t have a good reputation. I thought about buying Skims until I realized that Kanye West has part ownership in it (I should’ve realized that as I knew it was a Kim Kardashian brand).

Overall I am happy with the Spanx. I have worn the higher waisted version of the short shaper before that comes up to the bottom bra strap but I ended up with the shorter one this time and it still works fine. I tried a waist cincher once (not Spanx brand) and tbh it wasn’t comfortable and it didn’t make enough of a difference to want to wear it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I wear the mid rise thigh shaper short from Spanx.

Shapermint if you read their reviews on Facebook or Reddit doesn’t have a good reputation. I thought about buying Skims until I realized that Kanye West has part ownership in it (I should’ve realized that as I knew it was a Kim Kardashian brand).

Overall I am happy with the Spanx. I have worn the higher waisted version of the short shaper before that comes up to the bottom bra strap but I ended up with the shorter one this time and it still works fine. I tried a waist cincher once (not Spanx brand) and tbh it wasn’t comfortable and it didn’t make enough of a difference to want to wear it again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thanks. I’ll go with Spanx. I’ve seen all those adds and wondered if worth trying. I won’t waste time/money

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I have a Spanx short that works great. I had the last in the Nordstrom lingerie department he'll me with it- she advised to get a size that I thought would be way to small but it works perfectly, is actually comfortable once I have it on, and it doesn't roll out of place at all.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)