Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Default How are things going with your kids home from college?

My oldest dc is home for the first time since he went to college. I’m thoroughly enjoying him being home, hearing his new viewpoints on the world, the crazy college stories he’s come home with and the reassurance that he loves his college. His hygiene could use some improvement. And Im thrilled to hear he still gets along great with his roommate. So far he hasn’t stayed out until 4am getting into trouble or made too many house messes. But there is still time.

Anyone else enjoying their kids being home?
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    My oldest dc is home for the first time since he went to college. I’m thoroughly enjoying him being home, hearing his new viewpoints on the world, the crazy college stories he’s come home with and the reassurance that he loves his college. His hygiene could use some improvement. And Im thrilled to hear he still gets along great with his roommate. So far he hasn’t stayed out until 4am getting into trouble or made too many house messes. But there is still time.

Anyone else enjoying their kids being home?
    Mine's in her second year away. Last year she was home a bit more. It has been awhile since she's been home this year!

It's fun having her back. She's baking up a storm and running around with friends/boyfriend. But, she's a homebody and really enjoys kicking back. The laundry was intense, but I think she's finished it all. Ha.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

First time mine has been home this semester and always happy to have him here. Facebook memories today was from 2 years ago- that weird Covid freshman year. I’d already forgotten how that year he came home at Thanksgiving and the school housing didn’t reopen til mid February. It was a very nice way to ease into him going away to school. Wish I could keep him now

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Mine is home, making a huge mess everywhere (it's normally just DS and I) and she is definitely the messy one. It's fun to see her getting to hang out with old friends and we'll have some down time this week. We see her quite a bit as she's only an hour away, and we drive over for her hockey games/lacrosse and shes's been home for some appointments. DS does not enjoy sharing the bathroom with her, but he likes hanging with her, and they love to go for a drive and get ice cream.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Ours isn’t home yet. They have a class late Wed afternoon…. DH is counting the hours

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    Ours isn’t home yet. They have a class late Wed afternoon…. DH is counting the hours
    Wow! That's so late for Thanksgiving!! Hope the time flies until they are home.

niccig is online now Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default How are things going with your kids home from college?

I’d be counting the days too! I was talking to DH and realized that when DS goes to college next year, I may not talk to him everyday. DH is “doh, of course you won’t, he will be busy. Did you call your parents everyday when you were at college?”

I need time to process this!! I won’t be that mom that calls him everyday, but it will be transition for me too

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

I was so excited to pick him up at the airport!!! But--poor kid is sick with the creeping crud that so many college kids have. We got him some meds (he did go to the student health center when he was at school) and he is sleeping quite a bit, which is what needs to do. He has taken some showers--thank goodness! He really needs a haircut--we'll see if he gets that done. The biggest stressor is the fact that our sweet dog is on his way out. DS hasn't seen him in 2 months and he is definitely fading. So DS is very upset and spent a lot of today crying about it. I worked today and will work tomorrow. But then I have Weds-Friday off and he goes back on Saturday. He's at school for 2 weeks and then comes back for winter break. I think it will be better then--he will be done with the quarter, he can totally relax, etc. I'm super proud of how well he has done--it has gone way better than I expected! So i am truly grateful!!!
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I’m loving my oldest being home. He’s been in and out a lot catching up with friends, and tonight we got a few hours of family time before he went out. Our relationship has really strengthened the last few months and I am focused on staying present for good times this week and not thinking about how quickly Saturday morning will come �� I asked him earlier this week how he felt about getting a few days at home to recharge but also returning to home after living more independently and he acknowledged it has positives and negatives ��

fauve01 is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

mine has class wed til 5pm, so we will see her at 10:30pm.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast