Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Globetrotter is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Since mine is on the East coast and only has thurs-sun off, he will spend Thanksgiving with family who lives nearby. This was actually a consideration when we chose his college! I’ve gotten used to the idea, and he gets to bond with his cousins. fortunately DD lives near us.

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    Ours isn’t home yet. They have a class late Wed afternoon…. DH is counting the hours
    Quote Originally Posted by fauve01 View Post
    mine has class wed til 5pm, so we will see her at 10:30pm.
    Ouch! They don't give kids much time to get home for Thanksgiving!

Dorms close at 10am on Wed. morning at DS1's college. But he's already home as his 1 Monday class is cancelled, and Tuesday is a Friday schedule and he has no classes on Friday.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

khm is offline Ruby level (4000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ett View Post
    Ouch! They don't give kids much time to get home for Thanksgiving!

Dorms close at 10am on Wed. morning at DS1's college. But he's already home as his 1 Monday class is cancelled, and Tuesday is a Friday schedule and he has no classes on Friday.
    The dorms at my kid's college close the Friday before Thanksgiving! Last year my daughter stayed for the Saturday football game and had to let the RA know she'd still be there! (I'm sure quite a few stayed, but it was officially closed and no cafeterias are open, etc.)

robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I’m more than a little bit jealous. DD1 is at school abroad again this year, we won’t see her til June. 😢

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

DS decided to stay at his college, which only closes Wed through Sunday. I really hope DD picks a college with direct flights! Not having one to DS’s college town is hard. With layovers, it takes him 7-8 hours to fly home.

We’ll see him in a few weeks for winter break. But for now, I miss him! He’s close friends with international students and they are going to celebrate together.

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DS1 got home on Sat and is here exactly one week. Plans are to see his high school friends, see the new Black Panther movie, get a haircut, and eye exam. He also has schoolwork to do. We decided to go to a restaurant for Thanksgiving this year since DH had a procedure on his achilles and is on crutches for another month and I'm taking a physics class right now and have a midterm Wed night.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

DD gets home Wednesday night at 7:00 p.m. Here till mid-day Sunday. She's had class on Wednesday both years away so far so just a four day break for her. We are super excited to have her home. She hasn't been here since late June!

KrisM is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

We went to DS1 instead. It was tough timing for him to come home with football games on both Saturdays. So we are having Thanksgiving in a hotel. It's been fun to hear the kids chit chatting about college things. It's a different conversation than with parents. He'll be home in early December for the first time since early August.

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    Kris

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

DD had a Friendsgiving here last night, it was fun to listen to the girls talk about their different experiences at their colleges classes, boys, parties, reminiscing about their elementary school days and they bought yummy food.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

JBaxter is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

DS3 came home Saturday morning at 3am and surprised me ( ok scared the crap out of me) they had classed Monday and Tuesday. Monday is a online class and Tuesday as along as you were current you didn't have to attend in person. He had a Chem test at 7pm and took his Adderall late in the day so he picked up 2 friends who needed rides and come home . Dog freaked out I heard the door open I jumped out of bed in time to hear him talk to Gizmo at 3am. Hes eating all the "good food" aka not anything he can get at the dining hall He says he can also tell the difference in our local diaries milk and what they have in Gainsville . Seems all his high school friends are back in town so they had an impromptu soccer game this morning. He asked if I could make him another pie to take back with him LOL
    Jeana, Momma to 4 fantastic sons

Everything happens for a reason, sometimes the reason is you're stupid and make bad decisions

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2