Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Kestrel is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Best Buy delivery fail!

So, we wanted to get a new TV, as "Roku" TVs seem to be going away, and we wanted them all on the same system for the kids. So we found one online from Best Buy, and paid for it, with free delivery.
    We get our mail at a "PMB", a personal mail box, basically a private post office box. We live down three miles of dirt road with gated entry, we can't get deliveries at the house. They have much better hours than a PO box, and accept deliveries from anyone (USPS, UPS, FedEx and private companies). They are not, however, open 24 hours. We had to call Best Buy to get the address fixed, since their automatic system would not take our PMB - uncommon, but it does happen.
    TV was supposed to arrive Saturday. It did not. Our order was canceled and refunded. We called, and they said a delivery attempt was made at 8:30pm on Saturday night! Of course, the buisness was closed. We need to re-schedule. We give then (again) the hours they are open, which are very reasonable (M-F 8-7, Sat 9-6). They told us that they just put the address on the schedule, and it will get there when it gets there depending on what other addresses are on the truck - we can't state a time frame. Because we are so far out, it is unlikely to get there before 6pm. They told us we need to come pick it up. Over an hour away.

We haven't decided yet what we are going to do. I gotta say, it's free delivery... I'm very tempted to just keep reordering it until they manage to get it here while the mailbox place is open. It would still be less hassle than driving an hour plus each way. And maybe after sending a truck out here a few times and failing, they will be somehow willing to schedule it to arrive sooner. But... I feel bad for the delivery crew, too... it's not their fault.

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Is there no way they can come to your house? Unlock the gate and let them in? I’m sure you aren’t the only people with dirt roads they have to navigate. Just take the PMB out of the equation. You’ll be expecting them so it’s not like a stranger showing up.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Nope, can't let them in. Gate is three miles from the house, it's a community gate. Best Buy wouldn't give us a DAY, let alone a time, when they would arrive. There is no cell service within five miles of our house, they can't call when they get here, even assuming someone was home. And I'm not sure they could get the truck through the narrow road.

I don't think it's unreasonable to ask a business to hit a twelve hour long delivery window.

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I actually had similar problems with a Best Buy delivery a few years ago! I honestly don't remember all the details anymore, but I recall being very frustrated with their lack of ability to even try to fix anything. It sounds like so far there's only been a single delivery attempt? I definitely would have them attempt another time or two before giving up.
    Lizi

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

You can’t pick it up at the store? I totally understand your frustration though.

Target, Costco, and Walmart also sell Roku TVs. TCL and LG came up in a Google search. Costco has the Hisense brand. Westinghouse also makes Roku TVs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

If there's only 1 attempt, then I would probably have them try again once or twice, and then probably just give up and pick it up at the store. Is there someone else's house they can deliver to?

If there's no cell service within 5 miles of your house in a gated community, how do service people get to your house?
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

Minor update: we did reorder, hopefully will arrive today. We'll see. We waited to make sure the credits for the cancel went through, then re-did it.

AS far as the gate... regular service people like the garbage truck, propane company and similar apply to the HOA and get their own access card. EMS/fire ect has a way in, too. But other service people, like when we had a plumber, we have to have them call when they get to a specific intersection that still have cell service, and we meet them at the gate.

Target and Costco are both 90 minutes away, we were hoping to avoid taking the gas-guzzler car that far - it's the only one large enough to hold the TV.

firstbaby is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

If the next attempt isn’t during PMB business hours, I would ask a friend who lived somewhere more accessible to accept the delivery at their house. I’ve had friends get table saws and trampolines delivered here before so it wouldn’t spoil gift giving surprises.

MMMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Any update? I hope you got your delivery!
    Mommy to Two DDs
    Member of the BBB I Love Brussels Sprouts Society

(Why? Because the banana smilie is just so funny)

Sorry, forgot I even posted this mess! We ended up ordering a total of three times - they never did manage to get it to the PMB before closing. I really couldn't ask a friend or even have it sent to DH's office because Best Buy would not give us even a day, let alone a time they would deliver; just 6am-10pm. I really couldn't ask someone else to stay home until it showed up, we didn't know what day - it just felt like too much to ask.
    After two weeks and three orders, we gave up. DH had to go to the city for a medical appointment; he ended up picking them up that day - nearly three weeks later. At least they still gave us the sale pricing.

In short - total fail.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast