smilequeen is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Default OMG the day before Thanksgiving.

We have my family coming over for Thanksgiving…I have a million things to do…and because he had the day off today my husband decides he is going to start a big Lego project. On the dining room table.

And I will ask him to move it, but…it will probably end up being me who has to move the damn thing.

BTW…he told me this was his Thanksgiving project and I told him to wait until after Thursday to start it. Apparently he heard wait until after the dining room is cleaned for Thanksgiving…which is just was a few hours ago…

That is all…
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Oof!!! I just put out a card table for our Legos (Hogsmeade to add to our other holiday Lego set up!). Currently, we have a multiphase board game on our dining room table but I’m hoping we play tonight hence why I haven’t put it away yet.
    Good luck to you!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    We have my family coming over for Thanksgiving…I have a million things to do…and because he had the day off today my husband decides he is going to start a big Lego project. On the dining room table.

And I will ask him to move it, but…it will probably end up being me who has to move the damn thing.

BTW…he told me this was his Thanksgiving project and I told him to wait until after Thursday to start it. Apparently he heard wait until after the dining room is cleaned for Thanksgiving…which is just was a few hours ago…

That is all…
    Whoa! Saying a prayer for your DH’s safety. What was he thinking??? Where did he think you’d be eating tomorrow?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Passive aggressive me would want to leave it on the table and let him figure out tomorrow where everyone is supposed to eat. Anorher perfect example of mental load inequality.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    Passive aggressive me would want to leave it on the table and let him figure out tomorrow where everyone is supposed to eat. Anorher perfect example of mental load inequality.
    This made me laugh!! Yep--get all the dishes out and tell him to set the table.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

smilequeen is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Happy to report that he got it cleaned up for me in time and we had a great Thanksgiving…and now it’s back on the table so he can finish it…and it’s existence is no longer a stressor
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

klwa is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    Happy to report that he got it cleaned up for me in time and we had a great Thanksgiving…and now it’s back on the table so he can finish it…and it’s existence is no longer a stressor
    Glad to see that he thought it through & moved it long enough for the big meal!
    -Kris
    DS (9/05)
    DD (8/08)
    DD (9/12)