I just bit the bullet and bought tickets for my trip to Germany/France in April. We found a great flight. Perfect from a timing sense and a good price ($995 roundtrip) and we jumped on it.

But we couldn't select seats. I get anxiety if I don't have a window seat BUT when considering it I realized the last time I really had a hard time on a flight I was a. super tired, b. 5 months pregnant, c. on a smallish plane, and d. didn't yet have a smart phone! I think the fact that I'm not pregnant, will be on a bigger plane and have a smart phone I can load up with content and air pods might make a difference?

I also at one time had a script for an anti-anxiety med for flying that I ended up never using when I discovered that I was completely fine so long as I had a window seat. I might be able to get one again, though I wonder if it is good idea to take medicine you've never had before? I honestly believe that even just HAVING the medicine made me less anxious while I was figuring things out.

DH and I are fine with saving money by not sitting together. I just hope I'm not miserable sitting somewhere in the middle of the plane!