Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    acmom is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Breville Oven with Air Fryer?

Does anyone have the Breville Smart Oven with the Air Fryer? We have the regular Breville Smart Oven from several years ago, which we use daily and love. We have thought about getting an air fryer, but don't really want to give up the counter/cupboard space, especially when I don't know how much we will use it yet. (We have other big appliances like the instapot that rarely get used). But I saw that there is now a Breville Oven with an air fryer built in. Anyone have this? Any drawbacks to the combo?

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

We have this for over a year now and absolutely use it everyday as a toaster oven and atleast 2-3 times a week or more for air frying. The very reason I bought it was the capacity to get more things in compared to pod shaped air fryers and saving of counterspace with the oven/toaster/air fryer combo.
    If I had to list a downside I’d say that the wired tray for air fryer can be sometimes messy to clean if you get food stuck in it.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I’ve had it for about a year and like it for a toaster oven. We bought it to replace a toaster oven that quit working. Not thrilled with the air fryer function and wouldn’t upgrade for that feature. I’ve never had a dedicated air fryer so I don’t know if this just makes for a lame air fryer or if air fryers are just not my thing. I’m still tempted to buy a real air fryer but can’t decide. The basket is a nightmare to clean (tears up your sponge and leaves pieces of it stuck all over). The air fryer takes just as long to cook things as my regular oven. Preheat takes a long time and cook time doesn’t seem much shorter. And the timer bugs me. If you set it to air fryer for 10 minutes, it finishes, and you decide it needs a few more minutes, you have to preheat it again. It doesn’t seem to recognize that it’s already hot and very close to temperature. Therefore, I stand around watching it closely trying to add additional minutes before the timer runs out which is not convenient.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kali is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

I bought this also a around a year ago, for all the reasons mentioned. We had the toaster oven for years and loved it, so it was a great way to jump on the air fryer trend without getting a standalone air fryer with lower capacity. It is exactly the same size but has the additional functionality. I hated cleaning the tray too but then I discovered parchment sheets and they have been a game changer: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09PY...b_b_asin_title.

They have holes so the air can still flow around but they minimize the mess, especially with wet sticky things like chicken wings.

Quote Originally Posted by kali View Post
    I bought this also a around a year ago, for all the reasons mentioned. We had the toaster oven for years and loved it, so it was a great way to jump on the air fryer trend without getting a standalone air fryer with lower capacity. It is exactly the same size but has the additional functionality. I hated cleaning the tray too but then I discovered parchment sheets and they have been a game changer: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B09PY...b_b_asin_title.

They have holes so the air can still flow around but they minimize the mess, especially with wet sticky things like chicken wings.
    Sorry to hijack, but thanks so much for the link, going to order it right away.

DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Breville Oven with Air Fryer?

We use ours several times a day but rarely use the air fry mode. The dripping of anything air fried makes this not a great air fryer.

Not to hijack, but I am searching for a pfas and plastic free air fryer.

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Kindra178 View Post
    We use ours several times a day but rarely use the air fry mode. The dripping of anything air fried makes this not a great air fryer.

Same here!
    DD 7/07
    DS1 9/09
    DS2 7/13

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Not to hijack, but I am searching for a pfas and plastic free air fryer.

ETA: OMG considering how obsessed I was with this I can’t believe I got this wrong, but the Breville was my old oven. I bought an instant pot Omni – not the plus, and this is what I’m talking about below. It wasn’t a Breville.

—/I was looking for a pfas/plastic free (at least in the interior) air fryer and ended up with a basic version of the instant pot Omni (NOT the plus ) that was sold in Walmart. I don't think they make it anymore, but perhaps there is something similar? The Plus does seem to have some plastic inside but not as much as many air fryers.
    OP, Overall I love it- I definitely find the toaster style is the most versatile. I learned that an air fryer is basically a convection oven. We use it constantly for toasting bread, roasting nuts on a low temp, reheating pizza, and I also use it as my oven unless I'm baking a large quantity. It works well but it might take more time to cook something versus a smaller air fryer. Also, the minimum air fryer setting is 5 minutes. If you want to do it for less time, you will need to stand by and shut it off. Sometimes I use two racks if I'm roasting nuts.
    Last edited by Globetrotter; 11-28-2022 at 02:52 PM. Reason: Mistake!!

I get what you are saying, although we don’t have this problem since we don’t use oil for air frying at all. But how do other fryers avoid this problem? Is there a better mechanism for collecting the dripping oil?

DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Myira View Post
    I get what you are saying, although we don’t have this problem since we don’t use oil for air frying at all. But how do other fryers avoid this problem? Is there a better mechanism for collecting the dripping oil?

ETA: I have an Omni.
    I have the instant pot Omni and there is a tray under the air fryer basket so I haven’t found this to be an issue.
    Last edited by Globetrotter; 11-28-2022 at 02:53 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast