Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Check Ixtapa as well, I stayed in Zhihuatanejo which I don't belive has all inclusives, but if you stay in Ixtapa you can venture to the more qaint market in Zhihuatanejo for an easy outing. I believe essence/Latia stayed at a resort there.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

bnme is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Not sure on the pricing/availability for that time, but Aruba is great for an easy not-to-far relaxing beach destination. Divi just had a big sale but think it was Monday only. Lots of price ranges to choose from on the island. Easy to get around. Snorkeling and desert tours available. Lots of smaller local beaches to explore.

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I’m staying at an Excellence property early next year. That’s their no kids version, but they do have properties called Finest that allow kids. I haven’t done any research on Finest properties, but the Excellence properties get great reviews.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Thanks, everyone! Looking at Puerto Vallarta too now, so please post any input! Love the Cabos idea, but dont see anything inclusive. At this point, decent flights are more of the issue, so we will see. Booking soon!
    We stayed at the Hilton Los Cabos last February. We got a good deal through Costco. We liked it a lot. We had a deal that included the breakfast buffet. Prices for food were not insanely expensive -- think major US city, affluent area pricing.
    DD '06
    DD '14

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Thanks everyone! We are going to Puerto Vallarta via Costco travel! I got a little freaked out after booking because it was unclear if my tickets were basic economy or standard economy--with basic economy supposedly you cant even have a carry-on (not even for purchase)! Costco told me verbally it was not basic economy, that they dont do that (and I did see a policy listed on their website), but it didnt clarify anywhere on my tickets/itinerary. I called United and they first refused to verify anything for me, stating I could only do that through my travel agent; however, called back again and this rep says its standard economy. Phew!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I hope you and your family have a great vacation!

Hope this part gets seen! Travel insurance? Looks like Costco has an outside company who does this. Given all the uncertainties of these times, seems like a good idea. What do I need to look for in the fine print to see if it’s a good policy or not? I only have about 2 days to buy.

Quote Originally Posted by Percycat View Post
    I hope you and your family have a great vacation!
    Thank you! Also, thank you for your suggestions of Funjet and Apple Vacations; although I didn’t use them this time, they are great to know about!
    Last edited by JustMe; 12-01-2022 at 12:43 PM.

ahisma is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by JustMe View Post
    Hope this part gets seen! Travel insurance? Looks like Costco has an outside company who does this. Given all the uncertainties of these times, seems like a good idea. What do I need to look for in the fine print to see if it’s a good policy or not? I only have about 2 days to buy.

Thank you! Also, thank you for your suggestions of Funjet and Apple Vacations; although I didn’t use them this time, they are great to know about!
    I always buy 3rd party trip insurance separate from the trip purchase. My family has an annual plan - we use Allianz All Trips Premier. You can buy standalone plans too. We went with the annual because the kids travel for school, I travel for work, and we take family trips. I paid just under $500/year for four of us to have pretty robust coverage for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    I always buy 3rd party trip insurance separate from the trip purchase. My family has an annual plan - we use Allianz All Trips Premier. You can buy standalone plans too. We went with the annual because the kids travel for school, I travel for work, and we take family trips. I paid just under $500/year for four of us to have pretty robust coverage for everything.
    Thank you! I had seen Alianz's name in my attempt to quickly research. That is a great deal for a whole year!

We really only need this trip...would love any recommendations people have for companies, what to look for, etc!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ahisma View Post
    Do you know if there is a time deadline to buy this before a trip? I remember reading that you have two weeks for trip insurance on each trip. Wondering if it’s the same if we buy an annual plan. We have a trip booked for March but we booked it a while back.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast