Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

[QUOTE=jgenie;4432767]Do you know if there is a time deadline to buy this before a trip? I remember reading that you have two weeks for trip insurance on each trip. Wondering if it’s the same if we buy an annual plan. We have a trip booked for March but we booked it a while back.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains[/QUOTE)

I have been on sites today trying to figure things out for myself. While I can't answer your exact question, I can say that the sites make it easy to plug in all dates (including date purchased) to see what is available.

Still struggling with the fine print and exact priorities for this one trip, but trying to figure it out!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I didn't buy it for our Europe trip because all of our lodging was refundable up to 24-48 hours before arrival and I either booked refundable categories of airfare or booked on an airline that I would be able to easily use a credit on (I paid a bit more to fly Delta from Rome than I would have paid on Air Italia or something like that).
    Here's Forbes list of best and it just came out today https://www.forbes.com/advisor/trave...vel-insurance/

I would probably just book through the Costco one and call it a day but sometimes I'm lazy like that.

ahisma is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Do you know if there is a time deadline to buy this before a trip? I remember reading that you have two weeks for trip insurance on each trip. Wondering if it’s the same if we buy an annual plan. We have a trip booked for March but we booked it a while back.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    In general, I don't believe that there is. It may vary by carrier. For us, we always like to have it before / immediately after purchase so it covers cancellation for pre-existing conditions. Those are excluded if you wait to purchase - generally that two week timeframe, I think.

The plan that we have also includes a rider for COVID quarantine if necessary. That gave us a lot of comfort when traveling during surges. We mask when appropriate (not as much now, but I did as recently as last week on a flight), are vaccinated and try to make smart choices. Still, it's not lost on me that COVID quarantine would be a very expensive travel expense - not to mention miserable. I feel much better at least taking the financial risk out of the equation. It's also been very relieving to have it in place when the kids have travelled with school.

JustMe is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Travel insurance update-if anyone needs info on travel insurance. I found insuremytrip to be the best website for comparing different companies quotes/options. However, once I found what I wanted I saved a little money from the price quoted on their website by going directly to the specific company's website.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    Do you know if there is a time deadline to buy this before a trip? I remember reading that you have two weeks for trip insurance on each trip. Wondering if it’s the same if we buy an annual plan. We have a trip booked for March but we booked it a while back.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    I think "cancel for any reason" requires you to purchase within 21 days of first deposit

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3