Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I am struggling with why/how the hourly compensation plays into your tipping. You don’t ask servers at a restaurant what their hourly compensation is before you decide to tip, do you?

If the order is correct, undamaged, and delivered at the specified time, add a tip (I think $10-15 seems reasonable for a good sized order). Your saved time and decreased stress of not having to shop at a Wal-Mart is worth at least that, right?

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default How much/ do you to tip for Walmart+/grocery delivery?

Deleted

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 11-30-2022 at 08:33 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

I've gotten delivery from WF, Amazon Fresh, and Target and I always add a tip for the delivery driver. We have milk delivery and there is an automatic tip added to our order too. I don't see any reason why you wouldn't tip the Walmart driver.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

athompson is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My understanding is that Walmart+ uses independent delivery contractors (DoorDash, etc) to deliver these orders. They get paid a specific amount to deliver the order, but aren't the ones that shop the order. I tip 10% on these orders.

Recently, I added WalMart InHome for an additional $40/year. They do not accept tips, as they are WalMart employees and deliver in a WalMart InHome electric van. I can get next day delivery for these orders always, but not same day, and they give me a window of 9 to 1 for delivery, usually dropping off around 11. They will actually deliver in home, and put the groceries away for you, but I just have them delivered to my porch. I love it. I asked the guys how many orders they've actually delivered "in home" and they said only one!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default How much/ do you to tip for Walmart+/grocery delivery?

Quote Originally Posted by athompson View Post
    My understanding is that Walmart+ uses independent delivery contractors (DoorDash, etc) to deliver these orders. They get paid a specific amount to deliver the order, but aren't the ones that shop the order. I tip 10% on these orders.

Recently, I added WalMart InHome for an additional $40/year. They do not accept tips, as they are WalMart employees and deliver in a WalMart InHome electric van. I can get next day delivery for these orders always, but not same day, and they give me a window of 9 to 1 for delivery, usually dropping off around 11. They will actually deliver in home, and put the groceries away for you, but I just have them delivered to my porch. I love it. I asked the guys how many orders they've actually delivered "in home" and they said only one!
    Thank you! Walmart+ used to use Door Dash but they ended that contract was ended in July. Now I presume they use independent contractors. Walmart InHome is not available in my area but I signed up to be notified when it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 11-30-2022 at 11:46 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bcafe View Post
    I always tip 10%. The amount is at minimum $10. The Walmart drivers keep the whole amount and here they drive their own vehicles. I like that they send a pic of your groceries where they leave them (front door,etc)
    I use Shipt for target regularly and I tip ten percent.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2