Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default High School Backpack

As everyone knows, we have been a fan of the Adidas backpacks for years. My kid has ripped two of them this year. He doesn’t use a locker so everything is in there.

Need a rec for a huge backpack. He won’t use Llb I don’t think. Thinking North face or Patagonia. Of course, I have missed all the sales!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

ang79 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My 10th grader also does not use a locker and carries her bag with chromebook, lunch, binders, notebooks, etc all day. She is using her Jansport bag again this year, got it at Marshals. They may still have some things n their luggage area.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Watching this thread, my DD has been using the adidas backpack since last year. No lockers here and her backpack weighs a ton, seriously its like there are heavy rocks inside. It’s beaten up now and starting to fall apart at the seams.
    This backpack has 3 solid compartments plus the front pocket which was really nice.

DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Mine uses an LL Bean- has for years. Neither of mine cares about brands nor would have any idea what was a good brand or not. The LLB has been indestructible. Mine have this one https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/1211...N1&csp=f&pos=2

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Myira View Post
    Watching this thread, my DD has been using the adidas backpack since last year. No lockers here and her backpack weighs a ton, seriously its like there are heavy rocks inside. It’s beaten up now and starting to fall apart at the seams.
    This backpack has 3 solid compartments plus the front pocket which was really nice.

Yes, it weighs so much. Like rocks!

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My 2 high schoolers are using under armour backpacks (2 each as they have a rotating block schedule). I haven’t bought new backpacks since 7th grade for either of them (sophomore and senior).
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

Quote Originally Posted by Myira View Post

DS1’s adidas backpack is also falling apart (one of the shoulder straps). DD has a Nike backpack that is still in good condition (we purchased it before school started in fall of 2021). The highest quality bags from my experience are speedo swim backpacks (teamster). DD is on her second speedo backpack and she’s been on swim team for 8.5 years…year round daily use. I wish speedo made school backpacks.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

KpbS is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

LL Bean is really so tough and guaranteed.

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/1243...c%20Navy&pos=5
    K

elektra is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I am personally obsessed with this backpack. https://solgaard.co/collections/bags...41611354276013

I'm thinking about getting either the black or blue one for DS. But I'm hesitating because he may want something "cooler" for school which around here looks like Jansport.
    He actually doesn't care too much now and uses his sister's handmedown Hershel basic backpack. Or maybe he thinks thats cool too.

I had to share this Solgaard one though because I use it for school myself and the packing thing it comes with is so handy, especially for the types of overnight trips that you just need an overnight bag for and want to keep your stuff organized. I had a sort of weird "trip" earlier this year when I had to stay in housing near the hospital where DH was for a week, and this backpack was all I took. I had to be able to walk far back and forth to the hospital, taking clothes with me sometimes and this was perfect. I use the packing thing in my regular suitcases for trips when my whole family is sharing a hotel room because I can hang it in the closet and it saves space.
    But it's perfect for my school stuff too. I can even fit a small purse inside.
    Like I said, I'm obsessed.
    DD
    DS

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My senior has had the prior version of this backpack for years. Since at least 8th grade maybe longer. It is very big as he has several food allergies and packs a lunch bag inside it every day in addition to the bricks the school requires my kids to carry around. He doesn’t use a locker, isn’t even sure if he has one. I’m thinking of getting him a new one for college and hoping the pockets/organization haven’t changed to much. He also carries Epi-pens and an inhaler around and his has a nice quick access pocket at the top for those plus phone/keys.

High Sierra Access 2.0 Laptop Backpack, Crimson/Black, One Size https://a.co/d/dWas3dG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast