Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by essnce629 View Post
    LL Bean is the only brand that has ever lasted my sons more than a year.

13 year old DS2 has this one: https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/1243...ze-bungee-pack

And 19 year old DS1 has this bigger one, the biggest they make:
    https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/8353...luxe-book-pack

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Both my kids have LL Bean backpacks. DS1 has the Super Deluxe one linked here and DS2 has the Deluxe one that SnuggleBuggles linked to earlier. Kids definitely use LL Bean backpacks at the HS (I just asked DS2!) but LL Bean is a fairly popular brand here in the Northeast.
    Mommy to 2 DS's (2003 and 2007)

sariana is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Swiss Gear here. We get them at Target. DD has something else, a Target house brand I think. But the rest of us have Swiss Gear, which has a range of features and price points.
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by MontrealMum View Post
    DS has a North Face backpack. It weighs a ton and cost a mint, but it was worth it. 4 years of rough use and still going strong.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Ty. None of them see big enough!

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Jansport big student backpack. One large section for books/binders with padded laptop section. One smaller section holds lunch, laptop charger, pencil pouch, etc. Cell phone pocket, 2 other small sections and two outside pockets for water bottles. Holds a ton and wears well.

I'll see if I can find a model name or number on it when he gets home. I think it's one of the women's models because he was only in grade 7 when we bought it so the narrower models fit his frame better. It's not supposed to be for school though, it's a hiking model. It fits a lot! He carries a huge binder, occasionally books/notebooks, art supplies, gym clothes/shoes, lunch and giant water bottle, sometimes a laptop. He has a locker so boots and his winter coat go in there but everything else fits in the backpack which is hardly showing any signs of wear. It's much larger than the LE ones he had previously.
    DS, Summer '07

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we’ll change the world." ~Jack Layton

Both DS1(11th) and DD(6th) are using Northface backpacks this year. They seem heartier than the Adidas bag DS2 is using but also a tad smaller. DS1 has a block schedule with 4 classes a semester so he doesn't carry as much. We have an older Adidas and UA backpack (pretty sure it's been around for at least 6-7 years because DS2 used it for most of elementary and he's in 8th) that still look great while more recently purchased ones ripped and got tossed. They have been relegated to overnight or travel bags now.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by carolinamama View Post
    Both DS1(11th) and DD(6th) are using Northface backpacks this year. They seem heartier than the Adidas bag DS2 is using but also a tad smaller. DS1 has a block schedule with 4 classes a semester so he doesn't carry as much. We have an older Adidas and UA backpack (pretty sure it's been around for at least 6-7 years because DS2 used it for most of elementary and he's in 8th) that still look great while more recently purchased ones ripped and got tossed. They have been relegated to overnight or travel bags now.
    Our older adidas held up longer!

Bumping this up for back to school.

DS is going into eighth grade, and like some of the previous posters here, his Adidas Prime isn't quite making it. They don't use lockers, so he's toting rocks everyday lol. His first bag lasted all of sixth grade and then the straps starting fraying midway through this past school year. I got him another Adidas Prime that he started carrying in December, but by this spring, another strap was fraying (although not at the seam between the strap and bag). The plus is the Prime is big, which he needs. He's not one who will take time to puzzle things into a smaller bag.

For the people who were looking, what did you settle on? I was checking out the LL Bean, but some of the most recent reviews on the super deluxe talk about straps fraying at the seam. The water bottle pockets also seem short, but maybe that's just the photo.

At this time of no lockers, I might be expecting too much out of backpack straps now. He's fine to start back with his Adidas, but just wanted to see if there are any big packs that hold up.
    Last edited by carolinacool; 07-11-2023 at 03:17 PM.
    DS: Raising heck since 12/09

ang79 is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

DD1 has a Jansport and a Trans by Jansport (both bought for great deals at Ross/TJ Max) that she has used for 9th and 10th grade. One developed a small hole on the bottom (most likely from being thrown on the bleachers during track practice) but I put an iron on patch on the inside and that seems to be holding fine. She does not use a locker at school and has her bag with her all day, carrying her chromebook, binder and notebooks, novels, lunch bag, etc. The straps have held up fine and she can use either bag again this year. Will probably upgrade DD2’s High Sierra to a Jansport for 9th grade as I think it will be a bit too small this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by KpbS View Post
    LL Bean is really so tough and guaranteed.

https://www.llbean.com/llb/shop/1243...c%20Navy&pos=5

We are also fans of LLBean. Their backpacks can take a beating.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast