PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default Non-white items turned pink in laundry

I wore a burgundy dress that I haven't worn for years, and forgot that it dyes other laundry pink. I washed it with other delicates on delicate cycle/cold water, with a shout color catcher. 2 nude colored bras, a blush pink sweater, and an ombre shirt all got dark pink splotches on them. I can't bleach these items since they're colored. They are all still wet, I haven't put them in the dryer- what can I do to get the pink out of them? Google tells me to bleach but these aren't whites. Help??

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

This stuff has saved me mutliple times, so much I keep some on hand just in case.

https://www.ritdye.com/instructions/...color-remover/

There are a few other manufacturers also but you should be able to find them at your local grocery store.

PunkyBoo is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lisa928 View Post
    This stuff has saved me mutliple times, so much I keep some on hand just in case.

https://www.ritdye.com/instructions/...color-remover/

There are a few other manufacturers also but you should be able to find them at your local grocery store.
    Thank you! This doesn't pull the original color from the items?

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Mama to DS1 Punkin (2/04) and DS2 Boo (1/09)

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

following

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

You could try this: https://www.amazon.com/Grandmas-Secr.../dp/B01KG76NRU I’m not sure it will help but it can’t hurt. I can get tons of random stains out with this stuff and it doesn’t leave a moisture ring.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

There have been times where yes it did pull other color, but that has been rare. The only times I can remember is when the item was a newer item and had not been washed/dried a bunch of times. Also the color that it did pull out were more accent colors like on a collar. I think you would be fine with the bras and sweater not sure about the ombre shirt though.

kristenk is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

You might just try rewashing in cold with lots of color catchers. I think that worked for me a long time ago. It wasn’t perfect but it’s a pretty easy thing to try since they’re still wet

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains