Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I've loved backgammon since I was a kid. There are some beautiful sets out there.

bisous is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    A friend taught us but I know I could have done a lot better! I’ve taken to watching YouTube videos to learn how to play. I stand no chance of learning through the rule book at all for games!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    We have Wingspan and haven’t played it. We want to! Thanks for the encouragement!

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    Maybe Carcassone? (Not sure if this should be on this list or the one
    We have carcassone and catan. Frankly, I didn’t like Catan until this last weekend. DD wanted to play so I finally figured it out and now I enjoy it. Obviously I have low tolerance for complicated rules I found Carcassonne is much easier.

Some other favorites for two players: bananagrams, ticket to ride Europe edition (we have a few editions), Monopoly Deal (highly recommend this as a quick alternative to monopoly) Scattegories. Another big favorite is Concept- we love it so much that DS and DD have it at their college/apartment lol

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    We have carcassone and catan. Frankly, I didn’t like Catan until this last weekend. DD wanted to play so I finally figured it out and now I enjoy it. Obviously I have low tolerance for complicated rules I found Carcassonne is much easier.

Some other favorites for two players: bananagrams, ticket to ride Europe edition (we have a few editions), Monopoly Deal (highly recommend this as a quick alternative to monopoly) Scattegories. Another big favorite is Concept- we love it so much that DS and DD have it at their college/apartment lol
    You need 3 for Catan. There is a way to play it as 2 players but it wasn’t great.
    I play the Catan app on my phone pretty much every day at lunch time.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Percycat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Which version of Wingspan/accessory/expansion pack(s) do you recommend?

I was just going to recommend Wingspan!
    I saw it at my client's house earlier this week. It is a gorgeous game. She is a geriatric psychiatrist in her 60's and said that it's the type of game she really likes because it exercises your brain, but is do-able.
    I was asking about getting it for my mother-in-law and she said to just get the basic set to start out with. They just added the asian version after a year of playing. She said it has gotten them more into birds in general, and they now have apps on their phones so they can identify bird calls.

boilermakermom is offline Bargain Alerts forum moderator

Rack-O or Sequence

ncat is online now Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Othello
    Backgammon
    Cribbage

Would top my list for 2 person games, but are all "classic"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3