Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Mommy_Mea View Post
    I always love the excuse to wear velvet around the holidays, and it could be a nice way to glam it up (maybe too much?) and add interest,

Velvet blazer: https://www.macys.com/shop/product/i...RoCd4sQAvD_BwE

Allegra K Lightweight Cardigan Sweaters for Women's Shawl Collar Drape Open Front Velvet Cardigan https://a.co/d/dHznSOg

Allegra K Women's Velvet Lapel Collar Zipper Crop Moto Biker Jacket https://a.co/d/4zJnI2O

Womens Velvet Blazer Cozy Lightweight Outerwear Retro Buttons Long Sleeve Pokets Jacket Cardigan Coat Office Blazers https://a.co/d/bLkpm9R

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    I really like the 1st and last ones of that list!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Depending on how it fits you, you could add a red or green belt for a pop of color. (If you look at the images on the Amazon reviews, there's a couple examples of it). I had a similar dress (but knee length) and I used a bright red belt thick belt and bright red heels to make it look more Christmas-y. You could probably do that in combination with some of the blazer/cardigan suggestions, which would also help with making sure the waist seems defined, like you mentioned!
    Lizi

gamma is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I love the velvet jackets!

I just bought that macy's velvet blazer, I decided I needed a red velvet suit for my weekly performances when I'm not feeling like wearing a dress TBH I'm not sure how well it would look over that dress. The reason I say that is that I initially paired it with a shirt with a similar neckline to the dress it just wasn't feminine enough for me. But I also was wearing pants and if you had a coordinating scarf or the right necklace that might not be an issue.

Rather than a cardigan I'd look for a shrug that nips in at the waist, although I'm having trouble finding any that are calling to me and it might hard to get it on with the long sleeves If you wanted to lean into the 'cozy' look maybe something likethis might be fun. Another option. This pink one would be fun if you decide to wear your ballet flats.

Jewelry wise I feel like you can probably wear anything sparkly and dangly.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Help me accessorize my "nutcracker" dress?

I would just wear the dress as it is, take a wrap or a jacket and for the ballet flats I love the pink color (Jessica Simpson flats are surprising comfy for the price) but I wouldn’t want to deal with the ankle wraps especially with an ankle injury. I would add a drop necklace to the dress and a pair of simple drop earrings (if you have them). If you Dansko like clogs you could easily get away with them as well especially here in SoCal. I used to see a wide variety of dressed up at DD1’s Nutcracker performances and even the big ABT production at a large OC Performing Arts Center wasn’t as formal as I remembered the Sacramento Ballet being in the 80s and 90s.

I wouldn’t do the velvet coat unless you were wearing the same style dress and it was sleeveless. I don’t think it would go with the floral dress. A fitted cardigan with some jewel buttons would be a nice addition to a plain black cardigan, but agree don’t go too drapery (although the drapery cardigan is cute and might work with a fitted top, black leggings or pants that don’t need a belt, and flats).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by AnnieW625; 12-07-2022 at 02:34 PM.
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I would just wear the dress as it is, take a wrap or a jacket and for the ballet flats I love the pink color (Jessica Simpson flats are surprising comfy for the price) but I wouldn’t want to deal with the ankle wraps especially with an ankle injury. I would add a drop necklace to the dress and a pair of simple drop earrings (if you have them). If you Dansko like clogs you could easily get away with them as well especially here in SoCal. I used to see a wide variety of dressed up at DD1’s Nutcracker performances and even the big ABT production at a large OC Performing Arts Center wasn’t as formal as I remembered the Sacramento Ballet being in the 80s and 90s.

I wouldn’t do the velvet coat unless you were wearing the same style dress and it was sleeveless. I don’t think it would go with the floral dress. A fitted cardigan with some jewel buttons would be a nice addition to a plain black cardigan, but agree don’t go too drapery (although the drapery cardigan is cute and might work with a fitted top, black leggings or pants that don’t need a belt, and flats).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Where did you see that her dress was floral?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

GOXO 925 Sterling Silver Good Luck Polished Celtic Knot Cross Pendant Necklace for Womens https://a.co/gfk3Tmz
    K

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast