Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    KpbS is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

This 3 Circle one seems like a good size
    S925 Sterling Silver Long Chain Sweater Large Necklace for Women Statement Pendant Fringe Necklaces Jewelry Gift https://a.co/avAd0Za
    K

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I have this red cardigan for Christmas…the jeweled buttons are my favorite, it could work…would have to see what you think
    https://www.loft.com/jeweled-button-...ctedColor=3708

You could also use a scarf to add some color.

The necklace on amazon is similar to Kendra Scott…I have some of those, I’d probably do a red or green for the nutcracker
    https://www.kendrascott.com/olivia-l...stoneColor=508

Do what you have to do with your feet. I’d do black, but they won’t be seen enough with that long dress for anyone to notice any details anyway.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

If you are going with those shoes, do black.

If you need a jacket, try the last one linked in red.

I don't think the floral dress is the best choice for nutcracker evening it is a day dress.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Thank you so much everyone! I really like a lot of those linked jewelry pieces!

I agree, the floral doesn’t feel right to me—must be because it’s a day dress. I think it will still work for Christmas!

Sooo…I ended up wearing the dress to church. I paired it with this chunky geometric gold necklace and I got a million compliments. The shape of the dress is kind of geometric. I have gold flats that I can’t wear YET but I’m hoping maybe the swelling on my foot will be down enough to be able to sit in them comfortably during the performance? I’m tempted to just repeat the outfit. It isn’t overly “ballet” or “Christmas” but it worked…

Though I confess I would love a new necklace and am somewhat tempted by the pieces you posted!

I think I’ll skip a jacket/cardigan of any kind. Weather here shouldn’t be too cold…we’ll see! I liked the idea of the velvet jacket!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

For some reason I assumed you meant the black one- that's what the link took me to. All my thoughts were based on that. If you are up for a new dress, I just bought this and it was very easy to wear but looked put together. I returned it because it hit mid-calf but I'm only 5'2" https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    For some reason I assumed you meant the black one- that's what the link took me to. All my thoughts were based on that. If you are up for a new dress, I just bought this and it was very easy to wear but looked put together. I returned it because it hit mid-calf but I'm only 5'2" https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    I linked both dresses. I assumed the suggestions you made were for the black one! I pretty much don't wear anything shorter than mid-calf. Not for modesty reasons but I just find the silhouette more flattering and comfortable for my body type. I am 5'7, 140 pounds (trying so hard to lose those 10!), with an hourglass figure. I also tend to have muscular calves so dress length can be an issue. My best silhouette is tight through the bodice and waist and flowy. I'm grateful there are loads of pretty dresses in this style right now--but it is trickier with "evening" wear!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    I linked both dresses. I assumed the suggestions you made were for the black one! I pretty much don't wear anything shorter than mid-calf. Not for modesty reasons but I just find the silhouette more flattering and comfortable for my body type. I am 5'7, 140 pounds (trying so hard to lose those 10!), with an hourglass figure. I also tend to have muscular calves so dress length can be an issue. My best silhouette is tight through the bodice and waist and flowy. I'm grateful there are loads of pretty dresses in this style right now--but it is trickier with "evening" wear!
    Ah! I see the floral one now! Reading skills clearly need some improvement
    I feel like that flowered one was one that was a collaborative effort on here at some point?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Ah! I see the floral one now! Reading skills clearly need some improvement
    I feel like that flowered one was one that was a collaborative effort on here at some point?

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    YOU were the one that found that dress! I bought it in a different pattern and ended up loving it so much I bought the red and black one too. It is a great dress for the price and works well for church.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3