Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    Yes, that was is in Holland, our boys took the championship in the 16u division. Loved that tournament as there is only one rink and the hotel was 5 min away. We head to Madison for MLK tournament in Jan.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk
    DS's NT team played in a Holland tournament last year - in October, I think. It was a great tournament. So easy and my mom also lives in Holland so she was able to come to all the games with me and my in laws even drove over from the eastern side of the state for the final game. The team took a bus, so I stayed an extra night with my mom. Love when things line up like that!

This year his away tournament is in Pittsburgh over MLK weekend. They will bus again but it think I'm going to fly. DH is going to stay home with DS2 and I'm not sure I can stomach that eight hour drive on the toll road/turnpike.

marinkitty is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by smilequeen View Post
    I actually meant to PM you last month. We were in Holland MI and the game before one of DS3 games was Peoria vs Bloomington HS age. I wondered if you were there. My oldest (04) played in Chicago a lot either for tournaments or when he was doing Central States. I know we played Winnetka a few times. He cut back to just varsity and he’s a senior. He fell in love with lacrosse more but he’s looking at schools that have club and IM hockey too. He has no interest in NCAA sports. My 07 only played through Bantams, he’s a fencer now, more his style. Little guy (PeeWee) still loves it but my oldest has convinced him to try lacrosse when he goes to his school next year in 7th. So we will see…
    Funny that both our 07s gave up hockey for another sport. DS1 dabbled in lax in middle school but ultimately stuck with hockey. We used to joke that he really only liked being able to wack people with a stick and once you could hit in hockey, he was all set with that and could give up lacrosse! They are both fun sports, but I'll take hockey over lax any day. I've come to really love the sport!

DS2 and DH were down in STL this past weekend for a soccer showcase. Fun but freezing! Usually its warmer than up here but not this weekend.

mom2binsd is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by marinkitty View Post
    OMG! I do remember that game. And by the way I live four houses away from the Home Alone House. So not only did our boys play but you were on my street! Small world.

We have also played in Bloomington twice - Bantam years, I think. I remember the long drive. I didn't even know that was essentially Peoria (although I've lived in Chicago over 20 years, I'm a Michigan girl to begin with and we almost always head north, not south so downstate is still a mystery to me). But I think the Peoria rule only went through Pee Wee?

New Trier hockey does a book every year that includes senior pages for all the graduating seniors. Finding the pics for DS's page a couple of months ago was such a walk down memory lane. I had almost forgotten how tiny they were as mites.

Glad to hear your DD is still playing. Every school DS1 applied to has hockey in some form - club or IM. I hope he stays with it recreationally. He loves to play and it's been such a big part of his life, but he isn't good enough to play in college.
    I just saw New Trier is at Nationals, is your DS on that team?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2