Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    hillview is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Default Menopause tips and hints

I am going through menopause — any tips for better sleep? I get night sweats. Also just generally feel crappy / depressed.
    DS #1 Summer 05
    DS #2 Summer 07

Kindra178 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Daily yoga, even like a 15 minute video. I try to do this when I travel.

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Start eating lighter foods. Lean proteins and lots of veggies. Don’t eat anything heavy before bedtime. Heavy foods are known to keep your body warm at night. Avoid heavy proteins for evening meals.

Drink lots of liquids. You will get more dehydrated more easily. You may notice it with your skin, your hair, your eyes and even your mouth might feel more dry. Increased likelihood of constipation.

Exercise to keep your metabolism up and to help you sleep better at night.

Be prepared for your eyesight to change and for you to possibly develop allergies. Nighttime driving might be harder too.
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 12-04-2022 at 11:26 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

Eyedrops--lots of eye drops! I put them in every morning and night and before I drive any where at night. My eye sight is fine, I just have dry eye.SSRIs actually reduce night sweats and help mood. I am glad to be on Lexapro.
    Mom to:
    DS '02
    DS '05
    Percy--the wild furry child!!! 2022----
    Simon--the first King Charles cutie 2009-2022
    RIP Andy, the furry first child, 1996-2012

"The task of any religion is not to tell us who we are entitled to hate but to teach us who we are required to love."

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I started a thread on this topic. I just started HRT and it's been life-changing - estradiol patch + progesterone 14 days/month. I feel back to "normal" baseline me! Definitely something to discuss with your gyn. The sleep disturbances, anxiety and exhaustion were hugely disruptive, but then I started to have weirdly heavy and long periods when I was supposedly winding down. The HRT has addressed all of those and improved my quality of life greatly.
    Last edited by citymama; 12-05-2022 at 03:24 AM.

for Sandy Hook

Twoboos is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Soma Cool Nights Pajamas
    If you have a regular Tempurpedic mattress, a cooling mattress pad (or really, for any kind of bed but our Temperpedic is BRUTAL for me)
    Sheex sheets for spring/summer/fall, I still use Flannel in winter but definitely not fleece sheets anymore
    Estroven pills, there is another OTC one too I can't think of the name of.

Following this thread for more ideas.
    "Every mother needs a wife." - Amy Poehler, Yes Please

mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I took the generic version of Prempro (low dose of genetic progesterone and estradiol), I only had hot flashes, no night sweats, and it helped so much.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Celexa has helped my sweats, sleep issues, and helps even out my mood. I think I need more though.

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Cold Flashes were the biggest surprise for me. The hot flashes I can handle fairly well, the cold flashes were completely unexpected and are VERY uncomfortable. When they happen, I cannot get warm no matter what I do. My doctors do not take them seriously at all.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hbridge View Post
    Cold Flashes were the biggest surprise for me. The hot flashes I can handle fairly well, the cold flashes were completely unexpected and are VERY uncomfortable. When they happen, I cannot get warm no matter what I do. My doctors do not take them seriously at all.
    The cold flashes happen to me really badly right before my period. THey're awful!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast