Default fav scrapbook supplies?

DD had a fundraiser for her school where you can get different items with your child's artwork printed on it. We got 2 scrapbooks for the grandparents, I figured it'd b a little xmas present she could do herself. When we last did the fundraiser a couple years ago I got her a travel mug, it was kind of flimsy so I figured the scrapbooks would just be little things, with a few pages and I'd have DD put some photos and pictures in them and call it a day. Well these are solid albums - 10"x10" or 12"x12" with 30 or so pages so we've got ourselves a project! Given how nice they are I'd like to up the quality of how we fill them. But I have never made a scrapbook. Looking for recs on supplies I should have on hand and where I should buy - we have a Michaels,Target and Walmart. Do I use the double backing tape or little corners for the photos, etc. I'm thinking I'll have DD write on card stock in case she messes up since the pages aren't easily removed.
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I prefer the double sided tape. Michael’s will have tons of stuff in their scrapbooking aisle. If you’re comfortable sending me your address via PM, I could get a box of supplies out to you this week.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

This stuff is great although you will probably want to buy the multipack to save money. You’ll use a lot of it: https://www.hobbylobby.com/Scrapbook...e-Tape/p/36154

Washi tape for framing quotes and photos is fun. https://www.hobbylobby.com/Scrapbook...ape/p/80893012

I would recommend going to a crafting store and just perusing the aisles for ideas. Also Pinterest has loads of neat ideas. Have fun!
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

thank you both for the recs! Jgenie I tried to DM but got an error saying your inbox is full, hopefully with lego ornaments
    ~ Dawn
    Our little monkey (4/2011) & his early holiday present 12/12

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by echoesofspring View Post
    thank you both for the recs! Jgenie I tried to DM but got an error saying your inbox is full, hopefully with lego ornaments
    I cleared space!