robinsmommy is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Default Perimenopause/menopause info resources?

I feel like I was really well educated and prepared for young womanhood and pregnancy/early parenthood, but am sadly undereducated on the next phase of life.

What are your favorite resources (books, etc) for middle age? Esp for women’s health issues like peri menopause, etc.

Women’s health is a pressing need (my cycles are how much shorter now?!?!) but so often other things (emotional, other life issues, etc.) tie in to health and affect it, so I am happy for broader recommends as well.

citymama is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

The #1 resource I recommend is Dr Jen Gunter's book "Menopause Manifesto." I'm also keep to read Davina McCall's book "Menopausing: Roadmap to your second spring." She also has a documentary I need to check out. I've also been following Dr Gunter and Davina McCall on IG, which I've found informative and empowering.

There is too little dialogue and education about peri menopause, especially given how much attention we pay as parents to educating our kids on sex and puberty, as adults about childbirth and reproduction, and then silence on this huge transition. I've started talking more openly to friends my age, and find we are all going through the same stuff, or variations on it. I have also found my GYN to be a good source of info and support.

for Sandy Hook

Quote Originally Posted by citymama View Post
    The #1 resource I recommend is Dr Jen Gunter's book "Menopause Manifesto." I'm also keep to read Davina McCall's book "Menopausing: Roadmap to your second spring." She also has a documentary I need to check out. I've also been following Dr Gunter and Davina McCall on IG, which I've found informative and empowering.

There is too little dialogue and education about peri menopause, especially given how much attention we pay as parents to educating our kids on sex and puberty, as adults about childbirth and reproduction, and then silence on this huge transition. I've started talking more openly to friends my age, and find we are all going through the same stuff, or variations on it. I have also found my GYN to be a good source of info and support.
    I just added Menopause manifesto on my xmas list! I follow Dr. Gunter too on IG, and she’s amazing!!! I just turned 46 and feel like i’m in very early stages of peri road.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14