Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default Because I would never tell anyone in real life...

DH's flakiness is becoming legendary. To be honest, this isn't so much a complaint about him--sadly I can see myself making some of the same mistakes he's made! It is the confluence of factors that are just so annoying today. DH is now working in the office two days a week. While it has been a bit of an adjustment we're just grateful he can still WFH the other three! Except he forgot his power cord at work yesterday and without it his laptop will gradually lose power and he won't be able to work. And work is 55 miles away on one of the busiest stretches of highway anywhere in the US! So now he has to give up at least two hours to run back to work to get it and put over 100 miles on our car. (Did I mention gas is expensive right now? Lol.)

But on top of that, he's leaving right now which leaves ME in a lurch because he was going to "supervise" DS3 and DD who have half days and I have a parent teacher conference that I no longer have a babysitter for. At ages 11 and 9 they aren't tiny but I still hate leaving them all by themselves! Grrr. Part of me wants to leave them. Part of me doesn't feel comfortable doing it. And to think I COULD have requested a zoom conference call but chose to come in this time. I guess that last one is on me!

Anyway. Here's to the flaky mistakes of others that somehow end up derailing our best laid plans!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Time to buy him a back up charger! Sorry about your day!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Liziz is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Uuugh, I hate it when stuff like that all piles on at once! Probably too late now, but I would have sent the kids for a 100 mile round trip with Dad. Guess they'll get to sit in the hall with a book while you do conferences? May tomorrow be better and I'm thinking a laptop charger would make just the most perfect Christmas gift this year!
    Lizi

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    Uuugh, I hate it when stuff like that all piles on at once! Probably too late now, but I would have sent the kids for a 100 mile round trip with Dad. Guess they'll get to sit in the hall with a book while you do conferences? May tomorrow be better and I'm thinking a laptop charger would make just the most perfect Christmas gift this year!
    That's a good idea!! Except it might be awkward for him there at the building...And yeah. Laptop charger is a GREAT idea!

ETA: DH just SUGGESTED taking them with him. So I'm totally saved!
    Last edited by bisous; 12-08-2022 at 03:59 PM.

We are lucky to have multiple MacBooks at home, so if one of my kids forgets their cord, they just take mine.

And that is a super painful drive to have to do again. It would have been easier and not much more expensive to go to the apple store and pick up a new charger cord.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Liziz is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    WIN!!!
    Lizi

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post

Excellent!!
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Absolutely get him a charger for Christmas!

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    Absolutely get him a charger for Christmas!

Sounds like it worked out in the end but I'd definitely be gifting a new charger!
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

AnnieW625 is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

If that were me I would probably eat the cost of a new charger and head over to Staples and buy one on my own and not even worry about being reimbursed. I get your issue though. Hugs. Hope everything ended well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast