Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Myira is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Time to buy him a back up charger! Sorry about your day!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Yup simple solution do it!! Sorry that it left you in a bind, but honesty it’s nothing out of the ordinary to forget to pack up everything especially when swamped at work.

DD 10/2008
    DS 09/2011

Gracemom is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

My DH has left his cord at home and has had to come home and get it multiple times. I suggested getting a cord to leave at work and he looked at me like I was a genius!

Quote Originally Posted by Gracemom View Post
    My DH has left his cord at home and has had to come home and get it multiple times. I suggested getting a cord to leave at work and he looked at me like I was a genius!
    I keep one at the office and one at home too!
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

To make you feel better, I work for org that’s hybrid. We go into the office 2-3x a month and all of us at work have extra set of chargers for our laptop/phones, etc at our work desk. I also keep several different chargers around at home, as well in both vehicles.

Get another one and put it in DH stocking and move on. Not a big deal especially with so many devices and phones people have in per household, so extra ones always come in handy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Because I would never tell anyone in real life...

I’ve done this several times. Lately I’ve gotten better with the power cord, because I put a post it note on my office door with a reminder for the power cord. Now I forget the wireless mouse. Hate the trackpad on my laptop

Quote Originally Posted by niccig View Post
    I’ve done this several times. Lately I’ve gotten better with the power cord, because I put a post it note on my office door with a reminder for the power cord. Now I forget the wireless mouse. Hate the trackpad on my laptop

I keep a whole setup (keyboard, mouse, monitor, and charging cable) at both my office and at home and just take the computer back and forth. For a long time I just used the laptop without add ons at home, but then when I worked from home full time for a year in 2020-2021 I got the extras.

Now of course this doesn’t help when I forget the computer itself at either home or the office, which I have managed to do a couple of times...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

niccig is offline Clean Sweep forum moderator

Default Because I would never tell anyone in real life...

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    I keep a whole setup (keyboard, mouse, monitor, and charging cable) at both my office and at home and just take the computer back and forth. For a long time I just used the laptop without add ons at home, but then when I worked from home full time for a year in 2020-2021 I got the extras.

Now of course this doesn’t help when I forget the computer itself at either home or the office, which I have managed to do a couple of times...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I have keyboard, monitor, and laptop stand at both my schools (I work at 2 schools), and I use DH’s set up at home. I think we have a couple of old wired computer mouses (mice?), so I should stash one at each location too

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

lol my school is 0.25mi from home. ... and I still got a 2nd charger after I left mine at school one weekend and realized it at 9pm on a Friday night (the building closes at 8p)

At least it is a good time of the year to gift him one
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

hbridge is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    That's a good idea!! Except it might be awkward for him there at the building...And yeah. Laptop charger is a GREAT idea!

ETA: DH just SUGGESTED taking them with him. So I'm totally saved!
    DH has taken the kids to the office before when it was just a drive down to pick up something. A quick stop for a fun snack and the kids will see it as an adventure.

Definitely get a backup charger. My DH forgot his keyboard and mouse in the office a few weeks ago. I had one I had bought for me that I hadn't yet installed so I gave him that one for home (I guess I am living with what I have for a while). It is ALWAYS worth having a backup .

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

DH now has THREE chargers for his work laptop. One for home, one at the office, and one in his backpack for travel. All from not having one when he needed it.

The cost of gas for a 55 mile drive would have me sending him to the nearest store to buy one to keep at home.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast