Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    DH now has THREE chargers for his work laptop. One for home, one at the office, and one in his backpack for travel. All from not having one when he needed it.

The cost of gas for a 55 mile drive would have me sending him to the nearest store to buy one to keep at home.
    Its a 110 mile drive round trip!!! DH is under the impression that getting a cord for a Macbook Pro would be extremely expensive. I haven't even looked...off to now!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Less than $100. Totally worth the money!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Less than $100. Totally worth the money!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Whoa! Not to us, lol!

Tenasparkl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Its a 110 mile drive round trip!!! DH is under the impression that getting a cord for a Macbook Pro would be extremely expensive. I haven't even looked...off to now!
    I bought one to keep at home from amazon and it works great in a pinch. It's not apple brand, but totally fine for how little I use it. If I can find the link I'll share it.

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Whoa! Not to us, lol!
    Depends. What if it happens again on a day that is even worse to have that happen on?

Dh's work gives them an allotment of tech credit to buy extras like that. Maybe your dh's work offers something similar?

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Tenasparkl View Post
    I bought one to keep at home from amazon and it works great in a pinch. It's not apple brand, but totally fine for how little I use it. If I can find the link I'll share it.
    I bought one off Amazon too for DS2 to have at all times in his school backpack and one at home. It's not Mac brand but seems identical and works perfectly fine. Just $35 and an additional 20% off coupon.

https://a.co/d/b8O2rsS

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Whoa! Not to us, lol!
    Target has a 96w charger for $79. I would consider it or one from Anker or GoGreen from Amazon. We have a couple of different chargers from Anker and one from UGreen and are happy with them. They are a little slower than the official Apple one but since it is usually plugged in when we use the computer it still charges it just fine.

This U Green charger is our our current favorite for versatility in our house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

o_mom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Whoa! Not to us, lol!
    So, 110 miles - that's say, 4 gallons of gas (not including wear and tear) - so $18, and 3-4 hours of his time (when he technically should be working). Do that a few times and you have paid for the charger (I see them for $79 at Best Buy) and if you have a charging brick that will provide enough wattage, he only needs a cable ($19).

If he was using the current mileage reimbursement rate (which includes wear and tear), it would be $68.75. Don't discount the amount it is really costing for that drive.
    Mama to three boys ('03, '05, '07)

He says he'll ask IT for an extra cord and he might actually get it. I'd be more inclined to buy an extra charger/cord if I thought that would be the end of leaving things behind at work. Unfortunately, it was only the latest item he's left behind. Usually honestly he leaves stuff at home and just kind of "lives with it" until he gets home. He's left his drive behind twice now and can hardly work without it and that isn't something he can have a backup of! Still, it would be great to get a cord but again, DH is convinced he can get one. I'll encourage him to follow up on that!

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by o_mom View Post
    So, 110 miles - that's say, 4 gallons of gas (not including wear and tear) - so $18, and 3-4 hours of his time (when he technically should be working). Do that a few times and you have paid for the charger (I see them for $79 at Best Buy) and if you have a charging brick that will provide enough wattage, he only needs a cable ($19).

If he was using the current mileage reimbursement rate (which includes wear and tear), it would be $68.75. Don't discount the amount it is really costing for that drive.
    Yes to this! If his employer paid him mileage yes that trip would be worth $68.75 (110 miles x.625 per mile).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast