Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    jgenie is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I try to remember that in a country like Mexico my $1 means so much more for the locals than it does to me. I would opt to tip the locals even if Costco says tips are included. There’s no way to know if the Costco tips trickle down to the people working the resorts.

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    I try to remember that in a country like Mexico my $1 means so much more for the locals than it does to me. I would opt to tip the locals even if Costco says tips are included. There’s no way to know if the Costco tips trickle down to the people working the resorts.
    Absolutely, makes sense! I will balance that with not tipping as much as maybe some of the other people on the facebook page I am reading may give (even though Costco says tips are included)...I am just not in the same income level as those posters, as they seem to tip more than I would spend on food total! I do agree that if I can afford the trip, I can afford to tip, though, just not everyone can afford the same amount!
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

I would probably tip extra and call the hotel desk and see if they can answer your question about the tips that are covered by Costco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

JustMe is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    I would probably tip extra and call the hotel desk and see if they can answer your question about the tips that are covered by Costco.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Thank you! This was helpful and I emailed the hotel concierge to clarify if tips/gratuties are included with the trip I purchased. Of course, I can aways tip extra, but it will be helpful to know what the hotel's response/belief is about this and if it is consistent with that of Costco.
    lucky single mom to 20 yr old dd and 17 yr old ds through 2 very different adoption routes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2