Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    SnuggleBuggles is online now Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

With re. #1- if you book early in your trip you’ll still have the time difference at play with your body’s clock- waking up early should be easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Default Update #20 Maui excursions/activities/luau recommendations?

We ended up with the latest time slot (maybe 3-5??) because I couldn’t get an earlier one. We drive to Hana first then did that beach on the way back. We stopped at one beach past Hana that was beautiful with huge waves (Hamoa beach).

Our VRBO came with beach chairs, an umbrella, and boogie boards. We purchased snorkel gear from Amazon. I just bought the masks and snorkels, not fins. (We own a zillion pairs of fins since my kids are swimmers, but we didn’t bring them.) When we did our snorkel trip, we used their gear. But we brought our masks and snorkels to the beach everyday.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    With re. #1- if you book early in your trip you’ll still have the time difference at play with your body’s clock- waking up early should be easy!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    The time difference is 2 hours. I wouldn’t want to chance it with the 7-11 arrival time tbh. Even if 7 am is 9 am to us I can’t see us leaving right at 7 and there is no way we will leave even if up before 7. It is a 2.5 hour drive minimum (from what I understand and what I remember). I am leaning towards booking on Wednesday as I think I would like Tuesday, and possibly Friday as a beach/relax days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Quote Originally Posted by AnnieW625 View Post
    The time difference is 2 hours. I wouldn’t want to chance it with the 7-11 arrival time tbh. Even if 7 am is 9 am to us I can’t see us leaving right at 7 and there is no way we will leave even if up before 7. It is a 2.5 hour drive minimum (from what I understand and what I remember). I am leaning towards booking on Wednesday as I think I would like Tuesday, and possibly Friday as a beach/relax days.

Yeah, don’t book the early slot unless you are committed to leaving early. I liked having the flexibility to stop whether on the drive out and enjoy things and not have to worry about getting to the beach early
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

Default Update #20 Maui excursions/activities/luau recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Yeah, don’t book the early slot unless you are committed to leaving early. I liked having the flexibility to stop whether on the drive out and enjoy things and not have to worry about getting to the beach early
    Yea to that. I would have honestly done the 3-6 pm but I don’t want to be driving the road back at sunset.

Also great point about buying snorkel gear off Amazon. I mentioned it to DH and he said that is a good idea. If all four sets don’t get used I can return them. I also thought about taking a collapsible cooler bag and putting it in our luggage. The Packit tote should work and at $20 it is cheaper than a cooler rental for the week. Our Trader Joe’s tote is just a little too long for the carry on bag.

Last edited by AnnieW625; 01-23-2023 at 06:04 PM.
    Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

Zansu is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

Unless you need snorkeling gear at home, it makes more sense to rent mask, snorkel, fins, etc. from Boss Frogs or Snorkel Bob's especially if someone needs corrective lenses. They will make sure your mask fits properly, which is essential. Returns can be done at any time, at any of their locations.

Quote Originally Posted by Zansu View Post
    Unless you need snorkeling gear at home, it makes more sense to rent mask, snorkel, fins, etc. from Boss Frogs or Snorkel Bob's especially if someone needs corrective lenses. They will make sure your mask fits properly, which is essential. Returns can be done at any time, at any of their locations.
    Oh yes I forgot about the corrective lenses. Dh will probably want that. I highly doubt anyone can replicate Dd2’s -14 in one eye and a plus 4 (I think) in the other eye. I have asked her multiple times if she wants RX goggles for our pool but she says she is okay without them. We do have a pool and dh has had a full face masks in the past.

Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3