Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Default 7 cases of COVID

Over the past two weeks seven of my students (4 in one class, 3 in the other) tested positive for COVID, three got the flu and the cherry on top… one student came in with lice.

I masked up and Dear God please do not let me get COVID, the flu OR lice for Christmas!!!!

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Covid, flu, RSV and lots of other stuff are definitely going around. My mom and 3 coworkers all got covid last week. I was sick for a week after Thanksgiving with what I thought was the flu. DS2 got sick 6 days after me and I assumed it was the same thing but then he got a rash on his knees and elbows that looked exactly like his rash from a year ago with what appeared to be hand foot and mouth disease. And then my respiratory therapy professor was sick with RSV and said she was the sickest she's been in 20 years even though RSV is usually similar to a cold in adults. Fingers crossed you make it to Christmas without getting sick!

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

ArizonaGirl is online now Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I swear my kids have been so sick this last 2 and a half months. I've received formal letters warning me about both my kids attendance and both have been sick at least three times. The running joke around here is which kid is staying home today...
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Wednesday I had 10 kids out sick. Yesterday a whole bunch came back because it was our grade level party, but I promptly sent a bunch of them back home as they were clearly too sick to be there. I had 7 out today. The doctors they interview on the news keep telling parents to keep their kids home when they are sick, because the spread of covid, flu, and RSV is out of control here and hospitals are full to capacity. But the district keeps urging parents to send their kids to school unless they have a fever. My state funds education based on daily student attendance, so they want butts in the seats. Parents may keep their kid home for a day, but then they send them back when they clearly shouldn't be back yet and then get other kids sick. It's so frustrating. I work in an area where parents mainly work from home or have nannies, so keeping a sick child home is not a hardship for these families. We clearly have learned nothing from the pandemic.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Everybody’s sick around here too. My 14 year old daughter has taken to wearing a KN94 mask to school and extracurriculars again. On her own, not my asking.

We’ve scrapped our Christmas travel plans for a few reasons, but one of them being we’ll probably have to cancel anyway bc one of us is bound to be sick so let’s just plan to stay home and not have to deal with the last minute changes to plans. Everyone we go see is elderly, no other kids and the youngest being my 50yo SIL so we’re extra careful going to see them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

California is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    Wednesday I had 10 kids out sick. Yesterday a whole bunch came back because it was our grade level party, but I promptly sent a bunch of them back home as they were clearly too sick to be there. I had 7 out today. The doctors they interview on the news keep telling parents to keep their kids home when they are sick, because the spread of covid, flu, and RSV is out of control here and hospitals are full to capacity. But the district keeps urging parents to send their kids to school unless they have a fever. My state funds education based on daily student attendance, so they want butts in the seats. Parents may keep their kid home for a day, but then they send them back when they clearly shouldn't be back yet and then get other kids sick. It's so frustrating. I work in an area where parents mainly work from home or have nannies, so keeping a sick child home is not a hardship for these families. We clearly have learned nothing from the pandemic.
    Ours too! If there is no fever, they want them in class. Even after three known exposures at school, when one of my students went to the nurses office with a headache, fatigue, and nausea, they sent her back to class (with no mask!) because she had no fever. She got progessively worse in class, went home, and tested positive that day for COVID. No mask requirement even with 7 positive cases in one grade. Parents got one notification for exposure so they had no idea how many cases we actually had.

Considering all the get togethers over the next two weeks, January is going to be rough.

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

So many kids have been sick around here too, including my twins. Terrible cough for over a month and a fever of 104. Illness is so disruptive.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

I am sorry. It reads like a sad 12 days of Christmas parody.

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaGirl View Post
    I swear my kids have been so sick this last 2 and a half months. I've received formal letters warning me about both my kids attendance and both have been sick at least three times. The running joke around here is which kid is staying home today...
    I got the call yesterday from my 6th grader's attendance office. He's missed 12 days this year so far. But, what can I do?? My boys have literally been passing things back and forth to each other since September.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    This is definitely the frustrating part. I'm a SAHM and I'm happy to keep my kids out when they are sick but the school harasses me about it!
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast