Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

The school thing is so frustrating. We want to do the right thing and keep the spread of germs down but can't miss school either. Ds2 already has missed 4 days this year and that stresses me out as he hasn't been super sick (yet)- I didn't think he should have taken 2 of the days off as he wasn't sick enough in my book...but what a stupid thing to have to debate "sick enough." Shouldn't sick be sick?

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    The school thing is so frustrating. We want to do the right thing and keep the spread of germs down but can't miss school either. Ds2 already has missed 4 days this year and that stresses me out as he hasn't been super sick (yet)- I didn't think he should have taken 2 of the days off as he wasn't sick enough in my book...but what a stupid thing to have to debate "sick enough." Shouldn't sick be sick?
    4 days is nothing!!!! My middle kid (13) missed 6 days out of the first 3 weeks .
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    4 days is nothing!!!! My middle kid (13) missed 6 days out of the first 3 weeks .
    DS2 is also 13 and has missed 7 days so far, only 3 for actually being sick though.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by petesgirl View Post
    This is definitely the frustrating part. I'm a SAHM and I'm happy to keep my kids out when they are sick but the school harasses me about it!
    My school is pretty good about it, but the district automatically sends letters out no matter what. I have a medically fragile child in my class and one with a medically fragile parent, so I’ve been pretty tough on sick kids needing to stay home. The school understands, but instead of the district letting the school handle it, they send out these stupid letters that scare parents. The district will not do anything but for many of my parents this is their first year in school, so they get scared by the letters.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2