Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by PZMommy View Post
    Yes!!! I don’t even have our tree up yet. I’m in a boot awaiting major ankle surgery. Between the pain and lack of mobility I just can’t get the tree up and my husband isn’t willing to do much other than bring the boxes in the house. My kids only want cash if play station gift cards. We typically don’t do much for Christmas anyways, but this year I’m ready for it to be over.
    If anyone has an excuse, it’s you. Relax and put your foot up! Enjoy this year because when you are feeling better next year, unfortunately everyone will expect it to be business as usual. At least, that’s how it was for me the year after my ankle surgery.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

ged is offline Gold level (500+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    So true!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    but are you really glad it's over? lol i'm going through withdrawal...

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Default I’m tired of Christmas this year. :(

Quote Originally Posted by Twoboos View Post
    Agree. I'm not really feeling it, just going through the motions.

We saved DD1's christmas ornaments to put in the tree when she got home from college. She was literally like "This is SO boring, can someone help me?!? You're not even doing anything!!"

I told DH this is the last year for christmas cards - choosing/agreeing on the pics, the layout, envelopes stamping addressing.... I'm DONE and no one cares now that the kids will be out of HS. He was aghast - "We can't not do cards! We ALWAYS do cards!" I said no, WE do not do cards - *I* do cards. So no. He can feel free to do them next year.
    Sorry your DD wasn’t excited about her ornaments.

I took DH out of the equation years ago! I would show him my favorite cards and pictures and inevitably he would pick something I was not in love with. I decided I was making all the decisions until he voiced an issue and offered to take over the card making. I think we’re in year 7 of me getting exactly what I want. I display our cards from each year on a wall in our house and walking by it fills me with joy every single time!! Absolutely giddy!!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Not feeling it either. I'm just tired. We are on the go 24-7 and any free time I have I just want to sit and do nothing. DD2's 13th birthday was last weekend and her friend sleepover was the weekend before that, so that's 2 weekends of not getting anything holiday related done. We haven't done cookies, nothing is wrapped, holiday cards just got ordered a few days ago, and I couldn't care less about getting together with family. Our tree is up and decorated...we did that thanksgiving weekend. I was equally as pissy about Thanksgiving, which we hosted but only my mom and my ILs came. I just need a real vacation and so does DH.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

ncat is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

The gift giving and shopping stresses me out. I love giving gifts I know will be enjoyed. I hate giving gifts that will become clutter or waste. I feel sad that none of my kids seem to think they need to think about anyone besides themselves at Christmas (and clearly I am to blame on this).

lizzywednesday is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Apparently, it's my fault that neither DD nor I are in the holiday spirit, but, c'mon, 7th grade is kicking my butt this year so I'm all out of f^cks to give and DH is too much of a pushover to confiscate DD's devices for real until she gets her sh!t together.
    ==========================================
    Liz
    DD (3/2010)

"Make mistakes! Get messy!" - Miss Frizzle

PZMommy is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gatorsmom View Post
    If anyone has an excuse, it’s you. Relax and put your foot up! Enjoy this year because when you are feeling better next year, unfortunately everyone will expect it to be business as usual. At least, that’s how it was for me the year after my ankle surgery.
    Thank you! I just ordered a table top Christmas tree from Amazon, so at least it is something.

wendibird22 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by lizzywednesday View Post
    Apparently, it's my fault that neither DD nor I are in the holiday spirit, but, c'mon, 7th grade is kicking my butt this year so I'm all out of f^cks to give and DH is too much of a pushover to confiscate DD's devices for real until she gets her sh!t together.
    I feel you. 7th grader and 10th grader who are a lot this year. The day we decorated the tree and house DH took me aside and told me that the kids said I hate Christmas. He thought he was telling me that to be helpful because he knew I didn't hate Christmas and wouldn't want the kids to think I did. But what I told him was that was a very hurtful thing to say and came across like telling me I just need to smile more. Oh and the kids didn't say I hate Christmas, they said that I hate when they argue while decorating for Christmas. Which is true and which I did say to them. So DH misunderstood them and then went on to make me feel like crap about it. Fun times.
    Mom to two amazing DDs ('07 & '09) and a fur baby.

Gluten free since Nov '11 after non-celiac gluten sensitive diagnosis. Have had great improvement or total elimination of: migraines, bloating/distention, heartburn, cystic acne, canker sores, bleeding gums, eczema on elbows, dry skin and scalp, muscle cramps, PMS, hair loss, heart palpitations, fatigue. I'm amazed.

I'm sorry you are tired of Christmas this year. It's one those for me too.

Quote Originally Posted by jgenie View Post
    The World Cup at this time of year has really thrown a wrench into my Christmas plans. I am so glad today is the last day but really would have appreciated if it had finished last week.
    DH was there for two weeks and just got back at the end of last week. Both boys played out of town both weekends he was gone. DD had 7 friends over Saturday night for a holiday party/sleepover and DH and I had holiday parties on Friday and Sunday. I thought I was doing fine with preparations and spirit but I think that was just the need to create the "magic" and hold everything together. Now I'm spent and am having trouble getting back into the groove. Like just not feeling it at all. I think I have my kids and the cousins covered but there's nothing for my parents under the tree and I haven't planned any of the meals for this weekend. DH has done nothing and I'm really irked but trying not to think about it. This year has been heavy and I'm ready to say goodbye to 2022.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I just ordered "New Years" cards yesterday lol!
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3