Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Indianamom2 View Post
    I haven't left the house, even to drive somewhere, since December 21. Three of the four of us had been sick with COVID/flu/nasty virus for the week and a half or so before that. My double mastectomy is scheduled for Wednesday. I am purposely isolating so that my surgery (which I've waited 3 months for) will not be rescheduled for 6 more weeks later, which will happen if I get sick. The kids have been home for 2 full weeks and DH and I both work from home. We're all going stir-crazy too. I don't think I've ever stayed in the house for this long and I have at least another week or so after surgery.
    Sending good thoughts your way! My mom just had her surgery postponed because her surgeon had Covid, but at least they were able to do it the next week. 6 more weeks would be such a hard wait.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

gatorsmom is offline Pink Diamond level (15,000+ posts)

I haven't left the house, even to drive somewhere, since December 21. Three of the four of us had been sick with COVID/flu/nasty virus for the week and a half or so before that. My double mastectomy is scheduled for Wednesday. I am purposely isolating so that my surgery (which I've waited 3 months for) will not be rescheduled for 6 more weeks later, which will happen if I get sick. The kids have been home for 2 full weeks and DH and I both work from home. We're all going stir-crazy too. I don't think I've ever stayed in the house for this long and I have at least another week or so after surgery.
    I’m offering my rosary for you tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaGirl View Post
    Couldn't agree more!

The other thing that is completely enraging me is folks (including the hub) staying up most of the night and then sleeping most of the day. I mean you knew we had stuff to do today, but nope.

Now he just got out of bed and moved to the couch, I mean WTH.
    I admit, this is me. : I wake up around 9:45 everyday and it is wonderful. The kids wake up around noon or later and I think they are loving it too. We get nothing done during the day but it’s been a very busy last six months so I don’t care. I think we all need it. And Dh has been doing the dishes everyday and helping with the trash, meals, and even the Christmas decorations. But I did all the rest of it (160 Christmas cards, gifts for our kids, sent gifts to cousins and nieces, baked treats, readied holiday outfits for recitals, church and dinners, etc.) including throwing a big New Year’s Eve party that I’m just now getting around to cleaning up because we’ve had kids coming and going and staying overnight since.

Snugglebuggles, I’m so ready for school to start and a regular schedule. And I might be ready for a certain kid to head back to college. :
    Last edited by gatorsmom; 01-02-2023 at 08:12 PM.
    " I object to violence because when it appears to do good, the good is only temporary; the evil it does is permanent." Mahatma Gandhi

"This is the ultimate weakness of violence: It multiplies evil and violence in the universe. It doesn't solve any problems." Martin Luther King, Jr.

petesgirl is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

I wish break was ending for us! My kids are supposed to go back tomorrow but they are sick because we had all the things over the last week: respiratory virus for all of us...one kid ended up with an ear infection from it and we did the whole antibiotics shortage run around and then another kid got strep throat on top of his respiratory thing and he is so exhausted that we have done nothing but Netflix on the couch for the past 5 days. I'm so over the sicknesses this season!!

And dreading yet another conversation about the importance of being at school when the attendance secretary calls me because my kids have already been sick too much this school year.
    Mama to :
    DS1 (July 2011)
    DD (Feb 2014-June 2015)
    DS2 (Apr 2017)

"You never really understand a person until you consider things from his point of view...Until you climb inside his skin and walk around in it."
    --Atticus Finch (To Kill A Mockingbird)

bisous is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Just adding my voice of support. I'm especially hoping that things work out for you. I can't imagine what it must be like right now but I truly hope you stay healthy so you can get your much needed surgery!

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by bisous View Post
    Just adding my voice of support. I'm especially hoping that things work out for you. I can't imagine what it must be like right now but I truly hope you stay healthy so you can get your much needed surgery!
    Ditto! Thinking of you and hope all goes smoothly and soon!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    I don’t know whether to say, “Well at least you aren’t in COVID isolation.” or “You should try getting COVID. Isolating in the guest room is great! I haven’t had to make dinner in 5 days!!!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Solidarity! I've been in COVID isolation since Sunday night. I felt like a truck hit me Monday but now other than an occasional cough, I've just been hanging out watching tv and reading. DH is starting to get moody and the downstairs is a wreck because no one picks up after themselves unless I ask them so I'll pay for it when I resurface. But I'm going to enjoy it while it lasts because I hear you SB.
    Mom to Two Wild and Crazy Boys and One Sweet Baby Girl

WatchingThemGrow is offline Blue Diamond level (20,000+ posts)

Praying for your continued health as you wait for this important surgery!

Count me in on the COVID isolation that started today! I think I caught it in Hogsmeade on Sunday evening. It was wall-to-wall people there and where I was shoving pizza down my face at the Orlando airport. Hope my family can keep going to school! Our school nurse (where I teach) said I could come back on Tues but the hospital nurse (on the phone) said Monday. I was going to argue an extra day off...but WHY??? I'm going to get the room I'm stuck in cleaned up and reimagined. ALONE!

doberbrat is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaGirl View Post
    Couldn't agree more!

The other thing that is completely enraging me is folks (including the hub) staying up most of the night and then sleeping most of the day. I mean you knew we had stuff to do today, but nope.

Now he just got out of bed and moved to the couch, I mean WTH.
    Welcome to my life. DH now sleeps until 3or 4pm every day. He stays up all night watching crappy tv. ... 90s tv shows.

I'm thinking of you as well. I hope it goes as scheduled and recovery is as good as can be expected.
    dd1 10/05
    dd2 11/09
    and ... a mini poodle!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2