Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default Reached that part of the holiday break...

Where everyone is driving me crazy. Dh was just breathing loudly a second ago and I almost snapped.

And truly, why does no one do chores unless asked? They're all very helpful and willing but no one does anything spontaneously. Last night, someone put things in the trash can that made it so it was overflowing (pull out cabinet door wouldn't close) but did they take that bag out and replace it? Nope. Did I do it this morning when I noticed? Of course.

Gripe over.

ArizonaGirl is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Where everyone is driving me crazy. Dh was just breathing loudly a second ago and I almost snapped.

And truly, why does no one do chores unless asked? They're all very helpful and willing but no one does anything spontaneously. Last night, someone put things in the trash can that made it so it was overflowing (pull out cabinet door wouldn't close) but did they take that bag out and replace it? Nope. Did I do it this morning when I noticed? Of course.

Gripe over.
    Couldn't agree more!

The other thing that is completely enraging me is folks (including the hub) staying up most of the night and then sleeping most of the day. I mean you knew we had stuff to do today, but nope.

Now he just got out of bed and moved to the couch, I mean WTH.
    Lindsey

Married to DH June 2005 gave birth to Shawn December 2008 and Lilian August 2012

Quote Originally Posted by ArizonaGirl View Post
    Couldn't agree more!

The other thing that is completely enraging me is folks (including the hub) staying up most of the night and then sleeping most of the day. I mean you knew we had stuff to do today, but nope.

Now he just got out of bed and moved to the couch, I mean WTH.
    Yes! I had to take ds2 to swim almost every day of winter break at 7 or 8am. Dh offered to wake up once. But other days he’s gotten up and moved to the couch. I get it. Everyone needs a break. I need a break too. I should just go check myself into a hotel for a few days
    Eta- if I asked dh he’d have taken ds2 no problem… but I shouldn’t have to ask

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains
    Last edited by SnuggleBuggles; 01-02-2023 at 02:10 PM.

nfceagles is offline Sapphire level (2000+ posts)

I don’t know whether to say, “Well at least you aren’t in COVID isolation.” or “You should try getting COVID. Isolating in the guest room is great! I haven’t had to make dinner in 5 days!!!”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by nfceagles View Post
    I don’t know whether to say, “Well at least you aren’t in COVID isolation.” or “You should try getting COVID. Isolating in the guest room is great! I haven’t had to make dinner in 5 days!!!”

I’m sorry you have Covid. But you reminded me of this skit https://youtu.be/hPtH43VmvJI

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    I’m sorry you have Covid. But you reminded me of this skit https://youtu.be/hPtH43VmvJI

I’m feeling completely fine now after a couple days of mild illness so I’m in the stage where I can fully enjoy my relaxing isolation. Even going for a run today out in the middle of the farms where I won’t come in contact with anyone. I’m starting to get a little bored with it, but overall I can’t complain. The timing has meant my DS isn’t missing any school and DH is off work so we aren’t a huge burden on him. I even have an electric cooler in here full of drinks and snacks so I don’t have to bother him much!

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I hear you!! DH eats loudly. It’s fingernails on a chalkboard for me. Usually I can ignore it but having home for two weeks makes it so much more difficult to ignore.

I’ve been ignoring the pile of dishes every other day. Happy to tackle them on my day but the next day I stay out of the kitchen do someone else has to tackle them. When the trash tower gets too tall, I call out that trash needs to go out. Either DH or DS1 will come grab it depending on who is in earshot. 🤣 I am not taking it out!

I haven't left the house, even to drive somewhere, since December 21. Three of the four of us had been sick with COVID/flu/nasty virus for the week and a half or so before that. My double mastectomy is scheduled for Wednesday. I am purposely isolating so that my surgery (which I've waited 3 months for) will not be rescheduled for 6 more weeks later, which will happen if I get sick. The kids have been home for 2 full weeks and DH and I both work from home. We're all going stir-crazy too. I don't think I've ever stayed in the house for this long and I have at least another week or so after surgery.
    Christina
    DD 9/04
    DS 7/09

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by Indianamom2 View Post
    I haven't left the house, even to drive somewhere, since December 21. Three of the four of us had been sick with COVID/flu/nasty virus for the week and a half or so before that. My double mastectomy is scheduled for Wednesday. I am purposely isolating so that my surgery (which I've waited 3 months for) will not be rescheduled for 6 more weeks later, which will happen if I get sick. The kids have been home for 2 full weeks and DH and I both work from home. We're all going stir-crazy too. I don't think I've ever stayed in the house for this long and I have at least another week or so after surgery.
    Sending P&PTs to you and your surgical team. We’ll be thinking of you on Wednesday!

Quote Originally Posted by Indianamom2 View Post
    Oh bless you! That sounds especially hard. I wish I could endure your stir crazy for you. Good luck on Wednesday. Almost there! Sending hugs.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast