Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Liziz is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    My friends got more than 1 room. With 4 kids, they had to.
    Did the rooms connect internally? (Like some hotel rooms do...) That could be an option. Do you know what cruise line they used? I don't think we'd be comfortable having the kids in a room totally separate from ours with only an external door, though. I'll have to think through whether that's actually a reasonable discomfort or an unreasonable fear, though!
    Lizi

Lots of ships have rooms that connect internally like hotel rooms do!

Edit: Sometimes they make you book 1 adult in each room, but once onboard they don't care who sleeps where.
    DS 2/14
    DD 8/17

Quote Originally Posted by Liziz View Post
    Did the rooms connect internally? (Like some hotel rooms do...) That could be an option. Do you know what cruise line they used? I don't think we'd be comfortable having the kids in a room totally separate from ours with only an external door, though. I'll have to think through whether that's actually a reasonable discomfort or an unreasonable fear, though!
    Most ships have connecting rooms. The one time we took a cruise, we got two rooms right next to each other. I 10000% agree that we need separate sleeping spaces.
    DD (3/06)
    DS1 (7/09)
    DS2 (8/13)

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Disney. With connecting doors

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

For me this type of vacation especially if you want to connect a lot with family and cousin is beach/lake or a resort where access to pools, beach, activities (solo/together) and no hotly entertainment is worth its weight.

For this many people involved; renting a house is easy but if I want to truly relax I go with resort route. From my experience with multi family trips, managing the house rental with cooking nearly falls to all the women, so that’s always a big no from me. Cabos, west side of Mexico is truly great, Tulum too as it has a mix of relaxation and adventure with lots of pool, beach or both times for the cousins.

I wouldn’t do Disney or cruise in this scenario AT ALL. It’s just that trapped cramped feeling vibe for me that doesn’t lend 100% to relaxation and connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

SnuggleBuggles is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    For me this type of vacation especially if you want to connect a lot with family and cousin is beach/lake or a resort where access to pools, beach, activities (solo/together) and no hotly entertainment is worth its weight.

For this many people involved; renting a house is easy but if I want to truly relax I go with resort route. From my experience with multi family trips, managing the house rental with cooking nearly falls to all the women, so that’s always a big no from me. Cabos, west side of Mexico is truly great, Tulum too as it has a mix of relaxation and adventure with lots of pool, beach or both times for the cousins.

I wouldn’t do Disney or cruise in this scenario AT ALL. It’s just that trapped cramped feeling vibe for me that doesn’t lend 100% to relaxation and connection.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    We’re planning to hire a caterer next time. We always take turns making meals- 1 family/ night. It’s not arduous but it’ll be nice to just dip cocktails and play cornhole together then just go inside to eat!

Sent from my iPhone using Baby Bargains

Mommy_Mea is offline Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Beaches Turks and Caicos would be my top suggestion
    I was going to say this as well. We did this for my parents 50th anniversary with the two of them, five siblings with spouses and 9 grandsons for 21 people total. It was exactly what you described - we ran around doing our own thing during the day, but ran into each other all the time, and then had dinner together each night. It was perfect!

Sent from my Pixel 5a using Tapatalk
    DS1 June 2009
    DS2 June 2011

AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

My DH's biggest reason to not want a cruise is that we don't do well on vacations spent in cramped spaces. We need to be able to have a space with two distinct rooms for sleeping, with a door that closes. We haven't ever been on a cruise, but my impression is that's pretty hard to come by (or suuuper crazy $$) -- I've looked at several cruises that offer "suites" but the actual sleeping area for everyone is almost always together. I know it sounds prissy to some people, but we've just found that we all get great sleep and have marvelous trips together, when we have our own rooms to sleep in (the DDs share a room and 1 for DH and I). Anytime we've tried to save money or space and share a room, it's miserable -- even if we all have our own beds, etc. If there are cruise lines I should look at that have reasonable actual suites/stateroom w/ more than one bedroom, I'd love suggestions!

I would say a mix of active and relaxed. My DDs love and do well on both types of trips. But when they're with their cousins, they'll happily spend an entire day just playing with them at our house, so I'd prefer a more relaxed trip in this case so there's time for that. International travel is definitely on the table. And no, weather doesn't need to be warm -- I was considering suggesting a ski vacation until I thought through the fact that won't work well for the other family with their much younger kids!
    For us anything more than two nights (one is preferred) we prefer separate sleeping spaces. We have done this since DD1 was little. It just made things easier.

Oceania’s room are on the bigger size but it probably won’t work for you because you cannot have your own room if you are under 18 and the rooms don’t connect.

Enjoy picking a destination though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

essnce629 is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by hillview View Post
    Beaches Turks and Caicos would be my top suggestion
    This would be my vote as well! I'd love to go there and hope to some day.

Sent from my SM-A526U1 using Tapatalk
    Latia (Birth & Postpartum Doula and Infant Nanny)
    Conner 8/19/03 (My 1st home birthed water baby!)
    Parker 5/23/09 (My 2nd home birthed water baby!)

You would have to ignore the price tag, but I would definitely put Xcaret Mexico on the list. It is a "thing" among the local moms' group right now and I have a friend who is on her way home after a week there. Her photos looked amazing.
    https://www.xcaret.com/en/hotel-xcaret-mexico/

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast