Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    mom2binsd is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

I guess I'd really talk among the families, it really sounds like the vibe is something more laid back than most of the more exotic suggestions of Mexico/Caribbean etc. I know on this board it's typical, but most people know travel as a group of families to placed in the US. Maybe come up with a few suggestions, specific places you think would work and see what the rest of the family is feeling?

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

Liziz is online now Emerald level (3000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by gymnbomb View Post
    Lots of ships have rooms that connect internally like hotel rooms do!
    Quote Originally Posted by SnuggleBuggles View Post
    Disney. With connecting doors
    Quote Originally Posted by georgiegirl View Post
    Most ships have connecting rooms. The one time we took a cruise, we got two rooms right next to each other. I 10000% agree that we need separate sleeping spaces.
    Ok, thanks for this info! I've been on numerous sites, including Disney cruises, and haven't found any that specifically say that. I'm probably just a bad searcher, though! I still don't necessarily think it's the best plan for this trip, but good info as I'd like to do a cruise at some point!

Quote Originally Posted by mom2binsd View Post
    I guess I'd really talk among the families, it really sounds like the vibe is something more laid back than most of the more exotic suggestions of Mexico/Caribbean etc. I know on this board it's typical, but most people know travel as a group of families to placed in the US. Maybe come up with a few suggestions, specific places you think would work and see what the rest of the family is feeling?
    Yes, any family gathering planned in the past (although we've always paid our own portion) has been done this way -- just brainstorming among families -- but the ILs have specifically told us we're not supposed to talk to each other and have to submit these lists w/o any conversation among each other, then they're going to compare the lists and pick something. It's not my comfort zone to do it this way, but I'm trying to just be a good sport and go along with it as they're really excited. So I'd like something pretty laid back, but I don't know that everyone else has that idea in mind!
    Lizi

gobadgers is offline Platinum level (1000+ posts)

My in-laws like to do trips like this :-) Last year they rented a house in the hills west of Asheville NC. We took day trips into Asheville, to the Biltmore, and the Smoky Mountains a couple days. It was beautiful, I would definitely go to the area again. We also went to a resort in the Dominican Republic a couple years ago. I'm not much for big resorts, but on a big vacation with extended family, it was nice to not think about cooking, cleanup, etc...
    -Christine

DD, 9/07
    DS, 5/09
    and a very tolerant pup

ahisma is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I'd pick 3 wildly different options. I think my 3 would be:

1. Kauai
    2. Copenhagen
    3. YMCA of the Rockies

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3