Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    AnnieW625 is offline Black Diamond level (25,000+ posts)

Default This could be it …. Peri Menopause?

I am 45 and my period has always been really regular and except for one cycle of 11 days back
    July I have been normal between 21 days and no more than 29 days in the last few years (when I really started tracking). I am on day 30 of my current cycle (last period was 12/11 to 12/15 or 12/16) and the longest cycle in the last year was 29 days (which ironically was also December to January). There is no way in hell I am pregnant because Dh had a vasectomy in 2010 and other than one late period at the time I stopped breast feeding Dd2 and DH’s vasectomy was still fresh and I was on the mini pill until for the whole recommended period I haven’t had a single scare. My only real stressor now is DD2’s effin science project (that is seriously worth it’s own bitching post that I don’t feel like creating) but that should be done an turned in no later than Thursday.

Fwiw pre birth control so from 12 to 20 I used to get my period every 28-30 days after it ended which I thought was weird but it never concerned the doctors I saw. Maybe I am going back to that long cycle again. I am honestly kind of okay with this because it means I will avoid my period all together when I am on vacation. (I am hoping for that for my girls as well!)

Is there anything different I should be doing?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Annie
    WOHM to two wonderful little girls born in April
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,
    baby 2, 4-2009 (our Tri-18 baby)

Worth getting your blood work done to check whether you’re at peri level. I’m the same age as you, and for last 3 months my usual 30-32 days cycle have gotten shorter to 27-29 days cycle. Apart from that, same length of time of my periods each cycle with 6 days long. But I have noticed I’m getting more clots than usual, so i brought it up at my annual checkup few weeks ago.

While im not at peri level, she did note my hormone levels is bit less than past 2 years bloodwork. So it could be imminent for me to several years out, and will order bloodwork for me again in 6 months when I go back for follow up on unrelated issue.

Several of my friends starting notice changes in cycle for a year-18 months before officially being at peri to menopause changes. That was from 46 years old to 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    Mummy to DS1-6/11 and DS2-1/14

Thank you! I need to schedule my yearly exam here soon so I will definitely ask her for blood work. My blood work was fine last time. I just remember it seemed like my mom was in peri menopause for years like from 1999 (when I was in college) so she was 47 then and until she got her last period in 2005 at 53 which was ironically the same time I told her I was pregnant with Dd1. Fun times.

Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

scrooks is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I don’t know. I agree about getting a doctor appointment but that doesn’t seem that late to me. But I am a person who has always had a long irregular cycle so maybe my opinion is skewed. I am a hair older than you (46) and I am constantly wondering if I will know if and when I am heading towards peri or menopause.

Globetrotter is offline Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

For the last few years now I’ve been thinking I’m about to become menopausal after six months or more of no periods and then suddenly I’ll have a period and start all over again. I’m finally planning to see a gynecologist in March to talk about vaginal dryness and I’m sure they’ll do some testing at that point. So far that has been my only real symptom.
    "Friendship is born at that moment when one person says to another, "What? You, too? I thought I was the only one." C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Globetrotter View Post
    For the last few years now I’ve been thinking I’m about to become menopausal after six months or more of no periods and then suddenly I’ll have a period and start all over again….
    That was my mom. It was crazy.

Annie
    DD E, 17
    DD L, 13,

smilequeen is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

My OBGYN told me that it was the start, but could still be a while. I am 48 and still mostly regular but will occasionally have a really short 18-20 day cycle or a long 40-45 day cycle. But my only other symptom yet is crappy sleep.
    Mama to my boys (04,07,11)

jgenie is online now Red Diamond level (10,000+ posts)

Menopause snuck up on me. I had irregular periods for about two years. We travel all summer and I tend to lose track of time. One fall I realized I had not a period the entire summer. Checked my log and it had actually been since April! Finally arrived in November and that was the final one. It’s been 4 years now. I had brain fog and night sweats but I can’t remember how long they lasted. I still tend to be warm at night but not the transitional hot flashes anymore. All in all it wasn’t so bad. I love not having a period anymore.

MSWR0319 is offline Diamond level (5000+ posts)

Quote Originally Posted by DualvansMommy View Post
    Worth getting your blood work done to check whether you’re at peri level. I’m the same age as you, and for last 3 months my usual 30-32 days cycle have gotten shorter to 27-29 days cycle. Apart from that, same length of time of my periods each cycle with 6 days long. But I have noticed I’m getting more clots than usual, so i brought it up at my annual checkup few weeks ago.

While im not at peri level, she did note my hormone levels is bit less than past 2 years bloodwork. So it could be imminent for me to several years out, and will order bloodwork for me again in 6 months when I go back for follow up on unrelated issue.

Several of my friends starting notice changes in cycle for a year-18 months before officially being at peri to menopause changes. That was from 46 years old to 50.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    What blood work do you get? I've asked my GP and Gyno about many symptoms I've had for the last 3-5 years. They both think I've been in perimenopause for awhile, even though I'm only 41 and symptoms started in my late 30s. But neither of them will run blood work because "hormones fluctuate" and one test isn't going to tell us anything. I need to push harder.

sariana is online now Diamond level (5000+ posts)

I went 15 months without a period and thought I was in the clear. Then it came back ONCE in September and hasn’t been back since. Put on your seatbelt; it could be a bumpy ride!
    DS '04 "Boogaboo"
    DD '08 "Lilybear"

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast